The Sewing Place

Fibre Mood 16

Lemon Syllabub

Fibre Mood 16
« on: October 08, 2021, 14:47:54 PM »
Just bought the latest Fibre Mood magazine

Really tempted to try to make the quilted coat... but I'm not too sure if I'd wear it in real life.  :o

I was wondering if anyone else is planning to sew something from this mag?

Syrinx

Re: Fibre Mood 16
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 14:50:43 PM »
Oh lots in there I like! The quilted bodywarmer and that long slit skirt for a start! May have to buy this and join you in making something

Tamnymore

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2021, 15:55:13 PM »
Is it the paper version (hence patterns to be traced) you have @Lemon Syllabub and did you buy it in the UK? Having bought quite a few of their pdfs when they are on offer I'm quite tempted by a virtual subscription. I've only made the Paulette blouse so far but it turned out well.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Lemon Syllabub

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2021, 16:07:48 PM »

@Syrinx Yes it seems a goodie.  :)

@Tamnymore I bought it from here  I ordered it one day and it came the next! Very good service. 

Yes you have to trace the patterns but the sheets aren't too crowded so it isn't too bad. I do like PDFs but I also like having a paper magazine to look through. So far I've got edition 11, 12 and 16 so I think I'm going to have a busy few months tracing sewing. :laughing:

Tamnymore

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2021, 16:25:47 PM »
Thanks @Lemon Syllabub that looks like a good place to get the magazine and this explains exactly what patterns are included. With the digital subscription you only get 5 pdfs (what am I saying - I have plenty of patterns to be going on with!!) Looks better than Burda as you don't get the full size range in Burda magazine patterns. Tempted....  :devil:

Ouryve

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2021, 00:14:43 AM »
Still. Waiting for mine to arrive. Shan't be renewing my newsstand sub. Communication is nonexistent to the point that I ended up with copies of the first of my sub because it too so long to arrive that I assumed it wouldn't. I hated the last one.

Turns out whs are3 reliable and have it before I get it so may as well just buy the ones I like. (should also check burda mag more closely because 10/21 is hideous)
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Esme866

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2021, 07:54:26 AM »
I really like the look of the Betty capri pants, but everything else looks as if it is drafted for a generous bum, and less than accommodating for a generous top. In my younger years this would not have been a problem, but these days?

The line drawing for the capris is going in my inspiration folder for next summer!

Tamnymore

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2021, 09:13:35 AM »
I've just taken the plunge and taken out a subscription to the paper version of the magazine via the Fibremood website £45 for 5 magazines with only a couple of quid for postage seemed very good. Thought this seemed better than the digital sub as the digital version gives you 5 pdf patterns while the paper version seems to have about a dozen although you do have to add your own seam allowances. That will probably be because the pattern sheets would be too busy if they had seam allowances drawn on. I presume it is sent from the Netherlands or Belgium. Shouldn't be any tax as magazines are zero rated for VAT. I'll see how long each issue takes to arrive.
I used to use Burda a lot but not keen now and most of the patterns don't go up to my size.

Lemon Syllabub

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2021, 17:53:51 PM »
@Esme866 I like those Betty trousers too. I've never actually made a pair of trousers before so perhaps they could be THE one.  :)

@Ouryve That's so frustrating.

@Tamnymore I bought my first one directly from FM at the beginning of the year and yes it took ages to come but that may have been because the customs paperwork (because of the B word), had recently changed. Hopefully things are running smoothly now.

The first thing I thought I'd make from this issue is a Jo sweatshirt . I bought some quilted Ponte Roma and some ready made trim as I wanted to make my life easy.  :rolleyes:

I didn't think to measure the amount of trim required on the pattern (166cm) I just presumed that the ready made pack would be enough for one sweatshirt. Nope it was over 30 cm too short.  :rant:

Soooo I've ordered some tubular trim for my quilted Ponte Roma top which I'm hoping will arrive soon.
I used the ready made trim for the cuffs and hem of this.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
I used the top's jersey fabric for the neckband and lengthened the sleeves. The photo looks as if I've made it for a long armed orangutan!  :laughing:
When I'm wearing it the cuffs sit on my wrists and the sleeves puff over like a bishop's sleeve. All very 70's!

Tamnymore

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2021, 18:41:12 PM »
Lovely top @Lemon Syllabub . Ah yes I wondered how long the magazines would take to arrive! It shouldn't be any worse than getting stuff from the US although that can take an age.too. I'll just have to sit it out. The patterns are nice though and a  change from the more complex Vogue patterns I often sew.

Lemon Syllabub

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2021, 16:18:15 PM »
My tubular ribbing arrived so I've finished my Ponte Roma Jo top.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
I made the sleeves slightly longer than the pattern so they sit just above a shirt cuff when I fold it back.

These are sooo quick to make.  :)
So quick I made another one (as I'd bought a few different colours of ribbing.... only to justify the postage of course!!! :rolleyes:)

Tamnymore

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2021, 16:29:46 PM »
These tops are super!