The Sewing Place

Looking for quilted coat lining

sewmuchmore

Looking for quilted coat lining
« on: October 10, 2021, 19:10:24 PM »
Has anyone seen any recently? I am looking for black and have scoured the web but cannot find any black, every other colour but no black.  :'(
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Lilian

Re: Looking for quilted coat lining
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 20:13:13 PM »
I found these, hope they are in stock  :)

[/url]https://www.amazon.co.uk/Quilted-showerproof-Material-Clothing-Upholstery/dp/B071XMJX4R/ref=asc_df_B071XMJX4R/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=339588428524&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=472566267842376813&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006914&hvtargid=pla-695350854173&psc=1]waterproof [/url]

quilted cotton
« Last Edit: October 10, 2021, 20:15:13 PM by Lilian »
Willing but not always able :)

sewmuchmore

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 09:05:36 AM »
Thanks @Lilian it looks OK but it is from China and i am not sure about ordering from China re taxes etc. Plus i really wanted it within the next 2 week for a jacket i am hoping to take on holiday with me. I will bear it in mind if i don't see anything else.

Janet

Gernella

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2021, 10:20:54 AM »
I've got some you are welcome to have @sewmuchmore   It was purchased as ex Burberry but it is a very pale silky look beige. I bought it thinking it was for outerwear not realising it was lining fabric.  Never used it because I suspect needs dry-cleaning.  Around 2 meters I think.  Also the quilting is close together about an inch or maybe less.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

sewmuchmore

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2021, 15:12:44 PM »
I've got some you are welcome to have @sewmuchmore   It was purchased as ex Burberry but it is a very pale silky look beige. I bought it thinking it was for outerwear not realising it was lining fabric.  Never used it because I suspect needs dry-cleaning.  Around 2 meters I think.  Also the quilting is close together about an inch or maybe less.
@Gernella thank you very much for the offer, it sounds lovely but it is black that i am after. It is to line a rusty orange twill jacket and i don't think beige will look right.

Janet

Ploshkin

Life's too short for ironing.

StitchinTime

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2021, 16:07:44 PM »
@sewmuchmore The etsy seller (eufabrics) that @Ploshkin found has their own website which I had initially discounted in searches as the name/URL suggested it was not UK based.

However, looking at the website, it appears they are in Birmingham and they have several quilted fabrics.
https://www.eufabrics.com/22-quilted-fabrics

sewmuchmore

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2021, 16:41:31 PM »
@Ploshkin @StitchinTime Thanks for the links, although the black is not quite what i need, it's too thick and there is nothing on their website i look to see if they had an eBay shop and came across this animal fur print quilted lining which i have ordered.

Janet