The Sewing Place

It started with a sample swatch ...

Marniesews

Re: It started with a sample swatch ...
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2021, 18:53:11 PM »
I've loved teal for so long, I remember being made fun of at work in the early noughtles when answering "teal" to being asked my favourite colour! It didn't help when the men said, "what's teal?" that I said, "a duck".

However the first thing that came to mind for your outfit, thinking of a period influence, was turquoise and eau de nil. I imagine it could look fabulous stood next to gold and silver. Thinking of sheer beauty rather than power.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Helcat_42

Re: It started with a sample swatch ...
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2021, 09:48:38 AM »
I've loved teal for so long, I remember being made fun of at work in the early noughtles when answering "teal" to being asked my favourite colour! It didn't help when the men said, "what's teal?" that I said, "a duck".

However the first thing that came to mind for your outfit, thinking of a period influence, was turquoise and eau de nil. I imagine it could look fabulous stood next to gold and silver. Thinking of sheer beauty rather than power.

I too am a fab of teal - my craft room aka the spare room is has a teal chair/curtains and blanket on the day bed :)

I had to look up eau de nil but it does sound nice ...

What colour would you do on the over-robe in?

I have done a practice overdress in teal (from reduced curtains I bought in dunelm) ...