The Sewing Place

Bride's dress

Bumblebuncher

Re: Bride's dress
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2021, 12:08:31 PM »
@Iminei I absolutely agree with everything you said and have said as such to the bride. 
I have no intention of giving my fabric away, she is more than willing to pay for it.  I spoke to her last night and she said over and over about payment.  It is me that has said I just want some fun in life and she can organise it for payment.
The thought process on my part is quite simple, it is a favour for a friend as opposed to a work contract.
She was even talking about how she knew I was not into sewing for other people but the thought of doing a beautiful '50's dress is too much for me to refuse.  Trust me, I am not a pushover and know my worth, but as I said to her, at the moment my life is pretty awful and it will give me something to take my mind of things, if it gets her a wedding dress in the process, that's fine by me  :D
 :hug:
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Iminei

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2021, 15:32:06 PM »
Then that is fine ... Have great fun ... and remember, we want pics, lots of pics!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2022, 12:25:21 PM »
Oooh, just cut out the first toile  :D
I had an old duvet cover that was the same weight and feel as the actual fabric so that got chopped :D
First fitting to sort out the toile is on 22nd March and then it is all systems go!
So excited to do this after so long with nothing to sink my teeth into.  I have gone further and further down the road of slapdash so for once I will be doing my best work  :laughing:
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

realale

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2022, 13:29:25 PM »
Looking forward to seeing your progress on this. I hope you continue to enjoy it.   :)
So many beers, so little time.

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2022, 14:42:32 PM »
How exciting! I have finally sewn up the adjustments on the toile to do final fitting for bride before using proper fabric.  I have also cut out and sewn up the under corset for bridesmaids dress. Doing a little bit at a time and all is well, need to do some pressing before moving on!

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2022, 21:51:20 PM »
Went to check the toile today and ....
Boom! It fit like a glove  :D I am not sure who was more excited me or her  :laughing:
Absolutely no adjustments other than to the shoulder seam which I had left until the rest of it fitted.  I will be cutting out the real thing in the next few days and also continuing on with the bridesmaids dress

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2022, 12:41:00 PM »
I have finished the bridesmaid's under corset and it is all looking good so far.  The bodice is cut out and needs sewing together and attaching but as I can't decide whether the petticoat should be attached or separate I shall leave that until tomorrow and think about it a bit more.  The corselet has channels for boning and I have made a muslin inner layer to give a smoother finish to the outside.  I will try and remember to start taking pics now I am actually sewing again  :laughing:

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2022, 11:08:02 AM »
So this is the under corset
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
It has eyelets and lacing at the back and metal boning, not got a pic of that bit yet.
I put a middle layer of muslin on to make it a bit smoother on the fashion fabric.
The band around the top got added
and was also added to the actual dress and that is how the two are attached at the top. 
This is the dress with the bodice pinned and the skirt pinned on as well so not a very clean look lol.  I am pleased to say I did remember to add pockets  :D
I am taking it over on Sunday and will put it on the bridesmaid with the lacing and then insert a zip in the back to cover all the corsetry. 

Silver Rose

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2022, 13:06:59 PM »
Love that purple BB, my niece had deep purple in her wedding bouquet and the bridesmaids wore the same colour, looked stunning.
Still learning

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2022, 10:37:53 AM »
So what happened was this...
My back decided it wasn't playing anymore!  Somewhere between where I posted the pics and next sitting down to sew I ended up with the most excruciating pain within minutes of starting.  I was taking full on pain killers just to do ten minutes sewing and then having to stop for an hour because it hurt so much.  All with just two weeks until the wedding  :laughing:
I did it!
I forgot pics!
I gave dresses to bride and bridesmaid and they were both over the moon.
I still forgot pics!
I went to the reception for an hour before back started hurting again.
I forgot pics!
Luckily, as is often the case at weddings, pics were taken so I will get them to you as soon as possible.
BFF had an allergy to some antibiotics she was given and didn't go to the wedding so didn't get pics either  :laughing:
We commiserated on our pathetic bodies caving in.
I have stated that never again am I doing anything to a deadline.  I had plenty of time to do both but ended up with my body making it impossible, due to rib and back, to enjoy any part of the process.  I don't think I could deal with the stress again  :laughing:

Catllar

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2022, 14:39:22 PM »
Oh no, after all that excitement. Still you had the satisfaction of making someone very happy!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !