The Sewing Place

Sharing my treadles

kowgiirl.up

Re: Sharing my treadles
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2022, 00:54:11 AM »
I'm updating this thread to show (link to a video) the buttonholer in action that I attached to my 66 treadle. It makes the nicest buttonholes! I just love watching it go back and forth.

I also bought a zigzagger attachment which is pretty cool too. I probably won't use it that much but the buttonholer I will.

https://youtube.com/shorts/APC_zobVunY?feature=share
Runs with scissors ✂️ ✂️✂️

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2022, 09:18:26 AM »
That's magic!

Celia

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2022, 09:30:52 AM »
That is so clever, wish they made something like that for my straight stitch machine

Silver Rose

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2022, 09:54:27 AM »
Brilliant.
Still learning

Gernella

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2022, 10:30:06 AM »
Flipping beautiful @kowgiirl.up .  I've always had a soft spot for treadles after learning on one at school, everybody else wanted the new electric machines
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

kowgiirl.up

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2022, 16:08:24 PM »
It is pretty cool. I bet the folks that used them back in the day would’ve loved to have one of these.

Next time I have the Zigzagger on I will do a short video to post.

kowgiirl.up

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2022, 23:12:26 PM »
In this video I have my zigzagger attached along with the Edge Guide

I will tell you this, it’s pretty hard to hole a phone to record, treadle and guide the fabric properly.. It ain’t pretty but I got it done  :thumb:

https://youtube.com/shorts/sBA5OFwPkdc?feature=share

Ouryve

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2022, 23:47:13 PM »
I'm still trying to get my head around the fact that it has to move all the fabric rather than just the needle.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

kowgiirl.up

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2022, 18:05:04 PM »
I'm hitting on this topic again for anyone that might be interested in trying the buttonholer on a treadle.

I have made several buttonholes now and all of them are topnotch (in my book anyway). The only issue I have, and I feel it's operator error, is I don't have the clearance under the foot like I think I should have. After I get the next two projects done, I plan on disassembling the buttonholer to see if maybe something is bent, or I am missing something on the installation. At any rate, I just LOVE buttonholes now!