The Sewing Place

Malvern Autumn Quilt Show

Pearl

Malvern Autumn Quilt Show
« on: October 17, 2021, 17:58:32 PM »
I didn't intend to share my pics or I'd have taken more and paid better attention to what they are.  As it is, I seem to have a disparate selection. 

There were no competition quilts as there have been no competitions.   :laughing:  Most of the quilts were from groups who had been running various challenges. 

This from a section of blue and white quilts.  First one is Deep Blue Sea.

I snapped the info for this one.

This is from the same section but I don't know any details.  I like it though.

Nature's Wonders 3 by Angelika Monks

Hand quilting

The Wall by Exe Valley Contemporary Quilt Group

Detail

Kantha Hare (not sure that's what it's called, but that's what it is).

Detail

Don't know what this one is called, but isn't it striking?

Close-up

And finally...

Pearl's Haul

Aquamarine pack from Pelenna Patchwork for Gem BOM thingy, black and white fabric for DS1's quilt, a couple of oddments and journal quilt patterns/kits from Hannah's Room, which I really don't need but they were 3 for 2.  I didn't buy the fabric for my Boom quilt, which is what I planned to buy.  My mum, who is a knitter not a sewer, bought some fat quarters to make masks.

If you'd like to see more of the quilts and are on Facebook, White Gecko Craft Lounge did a Facebook Live at the show every morning.  Abbieanne Patchwork & Textiles has a video on YouTube. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBg8bkHyEqU

Do you have any pics of the quilts, @Bjay ?  Show us your haul.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 18:01:36 PM by Pearl »

Iminei

Re: Malvern Autumn Quilt Show
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 18:06:17 PM »
Wonderful, thank you @Pearl  ...

Is the background of the tree quilt pieced? and is the tree hand embroidered on top??

Whats that cute Harbour kit you got?
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lilian

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 18:12:59 PM »
Lovely quilts there @Pearl . The tree looks like couching to me, it's very beautiful  :) the background look like it is all pieced.
Willing but not always able :)

Pearl

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 18:22:29 PM »
Yes, the background of the tree is pieced.  A piece of net was placed on the background and then the tree was embroidered onto it.

I bought six some kits and some patterns from Hannah's Room.  The Harbour is a pattern to make an A4 sized quilt.  The kits contain a piece of calico, batik scraps and embroidery threads, all of which I have plenty of.

Here is the contents of a kit.

Bjay

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 18:39:40 PM »
Sorry.
It must be the first time i've been to a show and not taken photos. Don't know why as I loved the through a door pictures.

I have posted backing fabric on Quiltathon thread
Also bought some Christmas fat quarters
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Acorn

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 09:28:56 AM »
@Pearl I've often looked at the journal quilt kits on Hannah's Room and wondered what exactly they were, so thank you!  If I've got this correct now, they're kits to make A4 sized quilts that can be used to cover hardback notebooks.  Is that right?  That one really looks like Aberaeron!

I've ordered from Pelenna Patchwork recently, and not only were their prices good, they also had my FQ with me almost before I'd ordered it.  Less than 24 hours from ordering to receiving.   :thumbsup:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

maliw

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2021, 09:58:30 AM »
Thank you @Pearl for the photos and the YouTube link.
It's ages since I've been to a show or done any quilting so to see these has been inspiring. Glad you had a good time.
I love the tree quilt.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula