The Sewing Place

Side Seam Pocket Please Help!

Ohsewsimple

Re: Side Seam Pocket Please Help!
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2021, 12:32:43 PM »
Looks great @Lemon Syllabub.  Enjoy wearing it. 

Elnnina

« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2021, 15:09:54 PM »
Your coat looks lovely Lemon Syllabub, now enjoy wearing this.  so glad that that the wooden clapper or whatever you used worked wonders along with some of the other suggestions.  Did you enjoy the bashing with the clapper?, it is certainly very therapeutic.

A long time ago now I was asked if I could turn an Army jacket into a skirt for re-enactment purposes, this was to be a Russian uniform.  I took the sleeves out and these became part of a four panelled skirt, I cut the rest of the skirt out so that a pair of pockets were just sitting at the waist, and used some curved petersham to finish off the waist area.  I used an old piece of sheeting as my wet presssing cloth and a hot iron and do you know the skirt when finished looked smart enough for office use.  The couple were delighted with this, especially the finish, and were surprised that I had used a wet cloth - well it was drying on a radiator near me, so I gave them that so they could continue doing this sort of pressing if necessary.

Celia

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2021, 10:42:44 AM »
That coat looks great and really useful

Diane

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2021, 11:13:42 AM »
I absolutely love this coat, looks great, can i ask what the pattern was  :loveit:
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Lemon Syllabub

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2021, 07:48:43 AM »
it is certainly very therapeutic.
@Elnnina Yes, very surprised it isn't prescribed on the NHS !!!
And yes wool (or even a blend) is an amazing fabric. Very maleable. :thumbsup:

@Ohsewsimple & @Celia  Thank you. I've worn it a few times already and it's very cosy.

@Diane It's this pattern
There are quite a few pattern reviews of this on a well known review site. All very positive. It does run big. (I wanted an oversized coat so I could layer over jumpers.) If I make it again in a lighter fabric I'll size down.  :)

Diane

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2021, 07:56:04 AM »
@Lemon Syllabub Thanks for the link, I’ll bookmark that, I like that it looks very clean and unfussy
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40