The Sewing Place

Vogue Winter Patterns

classical retro

Vogue Winter Patterns
« on: October 21, 2021, 21:53:55 PM »
See here
I like 1845 but the collar is a little too high.
Enjoy.

CR :angel:

Tamnymore

Re: Vogue Winter Patterns
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 22:14:59 PM »
Not sure the link is quite right @classical retro but the patterns are easy to find. Yes I like that Julio Cesar shirt but I think with my wee short neck it wouldn't work..The Claire Shaeffer asymmetrical jacket is intriguing. I like the Sandra Betzina dress and there's the Marcy Tilton top. I liked one of the coat patterns but I have a zillion coat patterns. There don't seem to be so many named designer patterns.this time though maybe I haven't looked closely enough!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

mudcat

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 22:57:59 PM »
@Tamnymore I've noticed this since something delightful (ugh) took over.  Fewer and fewer designer patterns.  It's almost as if they are letting any contracts they might have had run out.   

I think the Júlio César blouse is sharp but it's not something I'd wear because I hate anything against my neck.  It is a flattering shape. Not much else of interest there though.  Not really much into winter wear given where I live.

classical retro

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2021, 05:35:28 AM »

Tamnymore

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2021, 08:04:06 AM »
We had more designer patterns in the autumn/fall release. I really like Rachel Comey's designs and Zandra Rhodes but they don't appear this time round. Vogue (and McCalls to a lesser extent I think) do patterns which are knock offs of designer clothes. Their in-house designer, Carlos is really clever at that. UttaRetch spotted a version of an Alexander McQueen blouse a few releases back and there was an Alexander McQueen coat a couple of years ago. Some of these patterns do have quite 'designery' elements so I wouldn't be surprised if they were copied from designer stuff. The Pattern Vault blog is good at spotting these designer copies.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2021, 11:44:08 AM »
I really like the Claire Shaeffer jacket.  It’s so interesting and even the back has a nice detail. 

Starryfish

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2021, 12:51:30 PM »
Goodness me they are dull! Reminds me why I exclusively use Style Arc and the rest of the indies. Much better designs and up to date.
A day without sewing is a day wasted.