The Sewing Place

In search of jacket pattern

RachelB

In search of jacket pattern
« on: October 21, 2021, 14:23:54 PM »
I love this Alessandra Rich two piece dress but it is way beyond my budget: 
https://www.net-a-porter.com/variants/images/2204324139702456/ou/w2000_q80.jpg

I have been looking for a pattern to make the jacket, but I am not finding anything. I have looked at jacket patterns, top patterns, two piece dress patterns, etc from the Big 4 pattern companies, Burda, and even vintage patterns.    Here is a link to the jacket: 
https://www.net-a-porter.com/variants/images/2204324139702456/in/w2000_q80.jpg

Does anyone know of a similar pattern?  Thanks.

Greybird

Re: In search of jacket pattern
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 14:30:46 PM »
Your jacket reminded me of Butterick 6185 here. Not quite the same - no peplum - but may be adaptable? I realise you are in the wrong country for this but you may be able to track it down over there?

StitchinTime

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 15:01:26 PM »
Have you looked at the costume/historical patterns to see if there is something you could adapt? The jacket reminds me of a Victorian dress bodice or a jacket from the Regency era.

Gernella

Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

RachelB

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 15:50:34 PM »
Your jacket reminded me of Butterick 6185 here. Not quite the same - no peplum - but may be adaptable? I realise you are in the wrong country for this but you may be able to track it down over there?
Thank you so much!  That looks like it would be easy to adapt.

RachelB

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2021, 15:51:03 PM »
Have you looked at the costume/historical patterns to see if there is something you could adapt? The jacket reminds me of a Victorian dress bodice or a jacket from the Regency era.
Thank you.  I will.  I l love the Victorian era.

RachelB

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2021, 15:52:13 PM »

dolcevita

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2021, 18:27:17 PM »
Rather than the peplum, I think the style of the sleeves and especially the shoulders make the example jacket a little different. They appear to me to be either raglan or very set in. A peplum isn't that hard to add in, whereas replicating the cut of the shoulders and sleeve heads would be more tricky.

I had a look through my old Burda magazines and I think this is probably quite close for the style of the princess seams on the body and the Victorian-style puffy sleeve heads. It wouldn't be hard to crop it and add a peplum at the waist, or to scoop the neckline out a bit.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Burda 08/2013 #113

sewmuchmore

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2021, 18:28:21 PM »
@RachelB What about this blouse pattern? On eBay and it is in USA
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

dolcevita

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2021, 18:32:22 PM »

Good spot! Close enough to do the job in all the main areas.

Tamnymore

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2021, 18:43:13 PM »
It's worth checking out the Steampunk style patterns in Simplicity as some of the jackets are a similar cut. Also see the Victorian styles in McCalls.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Esme866

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2021, 20:49:33 PM »
I agree wholeheartedly with everyone that has recommended historical/Victorian patterns, as the shoulder cut is definitely from that time period. That said, at no time (or weight :rolleyes:) in my life would that cut have looked good on my very narrow shoulders.

If that cut appeals to you, I'd definitely go that route, but if not a more contemporary cut will also work and provide the same feeling.

That's just how I would decide between vintage or historical FWIW.

RachelB

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2021, 21:50:41 PM »
Rather than the peplum, I think the style of the sleeves and especially the shoulders make the example jacket a little different. They appear to me to be either raglan or very set in. A peplum isn't that hard to add in, whereas replicating the cut of the shoulders and sleeve heads would be more tricky.

I had a look through my old Burda magazines and I think this is probably quite close for the style of the princess seams on the body and the Victorian-style puffy sleeve heads. It wouldn't be hard to crop it and add a peplum at the waist, or to scoop the neckline out a bit.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Burda 08/2013 #113

Thank you. Those sleeves look just like the ones on the jacket.

RachelB

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2021, 21:52:36 PM »
Thanks.  The green blouse is very close.  It would not take too much alteration.

RachelB

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2021, 21:58:00 PM »
It's worth checking out the Steampunk style patterns in Simplicity as some of the jackets are a similar cut. Also see the Victorian styles in McCalls.
Thank you.  I will look.