The Sewing Place

The Well-Dressed Chef

Sara-S

The Well-Dressed Chef
« on: October 23, 2021, 20:14:55 PM »
Meet Tucker T. Monkey, a.k.a. The Simian Chef.  He needed some oven mitts, so I made him some out of felt.  Just simple rectangles, open at the bottom and embellished with some fabric paint.  He is a monkey of simple needs.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 20:17:51 PM by Sara-S »
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

Iminei

Re: The Well-Dressed Chef
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 22:19:13 PM »
Your mother had you tested ????????
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Bill

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2021, 23:07:10 PM »

I shouldn't laugh......

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Bernina 570QE (Bernie)     1937 Singer 201k (sally)
The best advice I can give you, is don't take advice from me
Don't follow me, I do stupid things

Sara-S

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2021, 01:36:23 AM »

Yes she did. I flunked, of course. That’s why I have so much fun.
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

Gernella

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2021, 10:41:33 AM »
He's very cute, I've always had a soft spot for a soft toy.  I've got a posh Steiff bear in the sewing room and I was quite nervous when the newbie kitty arrived, I thought he might attack it but he's never touched it, not even a sniff.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Diane

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2021, 17:38:34 PM »
I have a flat eric  :laughing: DH was driving to work one dingy wet morning and it fell off the back of a dustcart and into the gutter, he drove past it for weeks upon end and then one morning he saw it half in the gutter and half on the pavement so he stopped and rescued him. He has since been washed and sits on my windowsill looking out onto the back garden.

DH put a mask on him when covid struck  :rolleyes:

I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2021, 01:22:05 AM »

I had to look this whole thing up. Oh. I saw 15 minutes of the 1st episode of BBT and never ever again. Typical California science nerds, I know at least 100 people like them in real life. It's fun to laugh at science nerds unless you're living the life. My pals didn't see the humor.

Party conversations were interesting when I was literally the only non scientist/ computer engineer in the building.  :o
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.