The Sewing Place

Remodelled

Efemera

Remodelled
« on: June 07, 2017, 19:49:03 PM »
I bought a yucky sweatshirt from Tesco in the sale... I liked the colour, a washed denim knit...so I took the cuffs off, shortened the sleeves. Chopped 6 inches  off the bottom, cut it up the middle and used the bottom bits to make front bands....coloured the embroidery with some alcohol pens and hey presto a new cardigan.

wrenkins

Re: Remodelled
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 19:59:20 PM »
Love it!
Brilliant idea for a makeadifferentthingfromtheoneyoufirstthoughtoffalongathon!  :loveit:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 20:02:10 PM »
Brilliant!  Better than any of the ones they did on the Great British Sewing Bee.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 20:19:27 PM »
Nice one.  Ummmm. showing my ignorance here....what are alcohol pens? :o

Surest1tch

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 21:22:56 PM »
That's very creative but if it's not a daft question why did you buy it if you didn't really like it?

Efemera

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 22:06:06 PM »
That's very creative but if it's not a daft question why did you buy it if you didn't really like it?

Because I knew I would turn it into a cardigan....alcohol pens are colouring pens with permanent solvent based inks.
http://www.copic-shop.co.uk

Bloobell

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 10:11:36 AM »
I love this! It looks so comfy and cosy, as well as really creative.

Vegegrow

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 14:19:36 PM »
That's fab Efemera.. lovely colour and beautiful top stiching .. do you have a coverstich ?
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Efemera

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 18:08:46 PM »
Yes I have a coverstitch...took some getting used to.

Lilian

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 23:23:56 PM »
Because I knew I would turn it into a cardigan....alcohol pens are colouring pens with permanent solvent based inks.
http://www.copic-shop.co.uk

That looks great and such a good idea to get something unique!  Brilliant job  :toast: 

Are those pens the same as Sharpies?  I just bought 4 different colours of Sharpie for labelling.
Willing but not always able :)

Bogwoppit

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2017, 23:38:23 PM »
You have a great eye for spotting remodelling possibilities.
I've got a dress hiding in the drawer that needs a little modification.  I might did it out at the weekend and have a go.
Lurking in Lancashire, improving my sewing when life gives me time.