The Sewing Place

Another new toy!

Bill

Another new toy!
« on: October 26, 2021, 23:19:36 PM »
But I won't have it for a while. Meh!
I've bought a Brother Innov-is F440e embroidery machine. Then I got an email from the shop saying they were out of stock and were expecting some in 10 days. Aaarrggghhh! I hate waiting.
Bernina 570QE (Bernie)     1937 Singer 201k (sally)
The best advice I can give you, is don't take advice from me
Don't follow me, I do stupid things

Sara-S

Re: Another new toy!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 01:42:45 AM »
Shame about the wait, but we look forward to hearing more about it when you get it.
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

Gernella

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 10:33:03 AM »
Blimey @Bill you are certainly increasing the stable.  Your talents are endless.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Lowena

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 10:50:15 AM »
Have you won the lottery? Can you use an embroidery machine? What will you make with it ? Have you got room for it to be permanently out? Are you setting up in competition with EWM ( brand leaders in embroidered old women's clothing )?
We need to be told
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Bill

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2021, 11:34:46 AM »
Thank you @Gernella  :)
I'm a jack of all trades but I've never really excelled in anything. And compared to the talents of tsp members, I'm on the bottom rung of the totem pole  :)

@Lowena Sadly I have not won the lottery. I'm actually up to my eyeballs in debt with these machines. Pam's auntie Kelly lent the money for the 1800q and I'm about halfway through repaying that.
Pam's dad is lending me the money for the new toy. He said I could start paying when I've paid off Kelly. I've earned their trust ove the years  :) Plus, I'm not one for switching between interests. I tend to stick with them until life throws a spanner in the works.

Can I use it? Umm.........don't know but we'll soon find out  :D
Have I got room for it? Yep. Although it'll be directly in front of the bedroom window so it'll spend most of its life under cover.
Never heard of EWM. How do you know them???  >< :laughing:

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2021, 11:53:17 AM »
@Bill have you bought it online or bricks and mortar shop.  If a shop then get them to demo the machine.  They should show you how to set it up etc. 
It’s a nice machine and I’m sure you’ll conquer it. 
Lots of people on here have embroidery machines.  Word of advice is to RTFM before messing with it. 

So Chic

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2021, 12:19:15 PM »
@Lowena
I think EWM have gone bust so Bill's going to take over.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

Bill

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2021, 12:57:36 PM »
@Ohsewsimple I bought it online.

I've requested they cancel the order and refund me. They said earlier that the 10 day stock update couldn't be promised due to difficulties with ports etc.
I can't be bothered sitting around waiting for something that might take weeks to get here. I haven't the patience for that.  :(

@Iminei if you or another mod could remove this entire thread please. It's pointless. Thanks.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2021, 13:04:04 PM »
@Bill Nooo, don't give up on it, you'll love it when it arrives!  Somewhere else may have one in stock.

Edit:  Tysew say they have them in stock - quick, order one!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 13:08:40 PM by Bodgeitandscarper »

Gernella

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2021, 13:29:15 PM »
Thank you @Gernella  :)
I'm a jack of all trades but I've never really excelled in anything. And compared to the talents of tsp members, I'm on the bottom rung of the totem pole  :)

Oh @Bill you are certainly not on the bottom rung of the totem pole, don't ever think that.  I've been sewing for over 60 years and I can still roll out an almighty cockup (now and again).

https://www.dryadeducation.co.uk/brother-innov-is-f440e-computerised-embroidery-machine
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 13:32:39 PM by Gernella »
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Bill

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2021, 13:34:37 PM »
@Bodgeitandscarper I emailed them earlier asking to confirm they were in stock. No word as of yet.
If they do I still have 2 issues.
1: The refund I've had won't clear for a couple days.
2: The place I originally ordered from was selling them for £810 as in @Gernella s post. £945 might be a bit more than I can chew.

Lowena

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2021, 13:54:36 PM »
@So Chic  :thumbsup: 
@Bill leaving the thread in situ for the moment in case you, or others, have more to add
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Bill

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2021, 13:58:38 PM »
There may be a twinkle at the end of the tunnel. Waiting.

Wait over.

There's now a reboxed (ex demo maybe?) Brother Innov-Is 870SE due for delivery tomorrow.
Hoping nothing goes wrong this time.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 14:11:06 PM by Bill »

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2021, 14:31:13 PM »
Excellent!  Just google "in the hoop" bags now, never mind little drawstring bags  :laughing:

Bill

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2021, 12:28:32 PM »
TADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
It's here! And it's brand spanking new! No idea why it was labeled as reboxed. Never been used.
And it works.......in spite of me getting halfway up the stairs with it and the handle ripping and watching it tumble back down the stairs!  :scream:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]