The Sewing Place

Little red cardigan

Ellabella

Little red cardigan
« on: November 01, 2021, 12:03:34 PM »
My DD dropped a heavy hint that GD could do with a couple of cardigans for winter.

I always knit in acrylic for the kids as everything just gets chucked in the washer.

I’ve found a couple of balls of a nice cheerful red in the stash and have just cast on this
https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/grannys-favourite

Let’s hope it gets completed a little quicker than the socks!

Lilian

Re: Little red cardigan
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2021, 13:45:19 PM »
That's really pretty  :flower:
Willing but not always able :)

Sheilago

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 16:38:26 PM »

I always knit in acrylic for the kids as everything just gets chucked in the washer.

I know what you mean @Ellabella. I’ve learned after knitting everything in wool for the first few years of my granddaughters lives, that man made yarn is better for them. All my hard work has ended up slightly shrunk and felted and Mummy and Daddy don’t even seem to notice.  :laughing:

Ellabella

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2021, 12:06:51 PM »
My small GD was here yesterday and I took the opportunity to get her to try on the cardigan I am knitting.

She was very impressed with my Knitpro Symfonie needles and told everyone that grandma is knitting her cardigan on rainbow sticks.

This has elevated my knitting to a whole new level. :love:

Sheilago

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2021, 12:22:37 PM »
My small GD was here yesterday and I took the opportunity to get her to try on the cardigan I am knitting.

She was very impressed with my Knitpro Symfonie needles and told everyone that grandma is knitting her cardigan on rainbow sticks.

This has elevated my knitting to a whole new level. :love:

How lovely @Ellabella. They say such cute things- we should write them down.
This just reminds me that my 3 year old granddaughter said yesterday , “ my favourite colour is rainbow “ .