Embroidered cards

coffeeandcake

Re: Embroidered cards
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2021, 13:35:50 PM »
D'oh... Ignore that

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2021, 15:09:47 PM »
@coffeeandcake Yes, mine is a V3, and I just used whatever speed it's set too, it worked fine  :)

I just looked for my red glue mouse and guess what I found...

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

I didn't find the mouse though...

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2021, 19:00:39 PM »
This afternoon I've tried the same design on a brown kraft card.  The only problem was when I reached for the white paper to cover the back...  :facepalm:  I sacrifice a matching envelope instead.

Iminei

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2021, 07:35:08 AM »
I prefer the brown!

You could try brown wrapping paper to cover the stitches on the reverse?

Doesnt it knacker your needle? and bung up your bobbin area with bits of paper????
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Celia

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2021, 10:09:04 AM »
Please if anyone is embroidering on card do clean you machine out when you have finished. The needles push little bits of paper through to the bobbin area and if you let this build up  it can cause problems.

I do love your design it looks great, I am another who hates glue so the information about tape is good. I used to do card designs of felt and then attach them to the card, might just try that again. :loveit:

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2021, 12:41:59 PM »
Another two today.

The landscape one has made the card slightly "wavy" but I think it'll do.

The "Season's Greetings is nice, but it's pulled the white bobbin thread up a bit, and the centre of one of the snowflakes has gone missing - but again, it'll do.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 12:46:39 PM by Bodgeitandscarper »

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2021, 12:57:39 PM »
These are so beautiful, I am beginning to see a use for the embroidery machine I want but don't need  :laughing:
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

coffeeandcake

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2021, 13:07:56 PM »
Love the landscape one. The bobbin thread on the snowflakes makes it look as though they've got icy tips.

Diane

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2021, 16:14:16 PM »
I am beginning to see a use for the embroidery machine I want but don't need  :laughing:
BB

Great minds think alike  :laughing: I've still got my eye on the Brother Innovis V5 but i really must behave myself, but it's hard when DH says buy it if you want it  :faints:
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Lachica

« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2021, 16:28:26 PM »
@Diane you can't take it with you! If it helps (I also feel the need to justify big purchases) it will have a healthy resale value.

@Bodgeitandscarper  those cards are lovely.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2021, 17:28:08 PM »
These are lovely.  And metallic thread? 
@Diane i wouldn’t need telling twice!   ;)

Diane

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2021, 18:13:08 PM »
@Lachica @Ohsewsimple  That isn't helping  :laughing: what your supposed to say is "don't be ridiculous it's too much money and you'll never use it"  :devil:
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2021, 18:20:35 PM »
I've done a few more this afternoon, slightly different colours and used a blue thread in the bobbin with the blue metallic.  I did have a bit of a whoopsy at one point -

I found a bit of fluff along with the needle tip, and the third part of the needle became obvious as I took the hoop off the machine - it was stuck in the embroidery.

@Diane, save a bit of money and go for the V3, after all you probably already have a sewing machine  0_0

@Ohsewsimple yes, metallic thread, it's Kingstar, it sews well,  People suggest standing it behind the machine, but I just bunged it on as normal, but with a thread net on the spool.  The needle breakage happened when I forgot the net and left it on it's own for a few minutes - oops!!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 18:25:01 PM by Bodgeitandscarper »

Lachica

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2021, 18:26:12 PM »
@Diane , if you want it & can afford it, why not? If you don't use it much you'll get a good price back for it but I'm betting you'll love it. I don't use the embroidery side of mine as much as I did when I first got it, but wouldn't be without it. I had a standalone Janome 350e first but space is tight so upgraded the sewing machine to a Pfaff with embroidery unit & sold the 350e. Get as big a hoop size as you can - small designs can still be stitched in a big hoop.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Lowena

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2021, 18:38:17 PM »
My attitude is...if you aren't going to use it frequently and regularly don't buy it as you don't need it. Have you the need, space,time  to make the outlay viable? Will your usage recoup the outlay? How will you use it?
Think before you impulse buy
Triumph of hope over experience :D