Re: Embroidered cards
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2021, 12:23:16 PM »
This morning's card - are you getting bored yet?  :laughing:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 09:45:40 AM by Bodgeitandscarper »

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2021, 12:25:15 PM »
@Diane im not a hand embroiderer but you shouldn’t compare machine embroidery to hand.  It’s completely different.  And I can assure you it’s not simply a case of flicking a switch and it’s all done for you.   :)  Sometimes it can be a challenge to get it right just as with any sewing. But you can get some spectacular results.  And some designs are very intricate they just wouldn’t really be possible by hand unless you have nothing else to do in your life.  :)

Lachica

« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2021, 19:43:30 PM »
What @Ohsewsimple says. I'll just add, my machine behaves impeccably until I leave it. Once unsupervised, thread will snap. Fortunately the machine senses this & stops.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Diane

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2021, 07:43:38 AM »
My attitude is...if you aren't going to use it frequently and regularly don't buy it as you don't need it.
Think before you impulse buy

After sleeping on it and thinking about the embroidery side etc I've decided that i wouldn't use it enough and knowing what i'm like it would be a 5 minute wonder, once i'd done a few embroideries it would end up gathering dust. So i've decided to treat myself to the Brother Innovis VQ2, it's a huge upgrade from what i have and it's perfect for all of my needs and has a much larger throat space for my quilting so i'll be ordering this tomorrow  :dance: Is there any particular supplier that you would recommend?
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2021, 09:37:55 AM »
I usually use Sewing Machine World, in Kings Lynn.  Online too of course, but nice to have a shop that's only about an hour and a half from me.

Celia

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2021, 09:38:25 AM »
I think you are probably making the right decision, I know I don’t use mine enough and would not consider upgrading it.

I however have not regretted the new Janome 6700 although  i have decide I cannot part with my straight stitch machine which was my original idea.

For Brother machines I like https://www.franknutt.co.uk/sewing-machines/brother-sewing-machines/brother-innov-is-vq2-sewing-machine but I am sure other people might have more ideas maybe put a new thread up for more advise.

Iminei

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2021, 09:45:07 AM »
Franklins are very good. They have in house workshops for servicing etc and branches around the country.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Diane

« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2021, 09:50:17 AM »
Thanks ladies, i have just checked and some have it on pre order but Franknutt has it in stock, will ring them in the morning.
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Lowena

« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2021, 10:25:30 AM »
Good decision @Diane   :thumbsup:
The Sewing Studio and Franklins are my favourite suppliers ( I bought a Brother machine from both of them )
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Diane

« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2021, 10:29:34 AM »
@Lowena I love the sewing studio, i buy an awful lot of fabric from there, i did check their website and it's not in stock at the moment, the same as Franklins, it must be a very popular machine.

Lowena

« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2021, 10:51:23 AM »
Shame @Diane hopefully you'll get one from FN or somewhere soon.
I have the Brother Innovis 1800q and I love it. I've had it for nearly 5 years and had no bother with it at all.
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Diane

« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2021, 11:07:31 AM »
@Lowena I'll update on the sewing machine thread if i manage to get hold of one
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 11:16:15 AM by Lowena »

Bill

Bernina 570QE (Bernie)     1937 Singer 201k (sally)
The best advice I can give you, is don't take advice from me
Don't follow me, I do stupid things

Diane

« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2021, 14:14:27 PM »
Thanks @Bill Franknutt has it in stock and this shop seems quite popular

Sara-S

« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2021, 21:03:23 PM »
What needle do you use for embroidering cards?
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.