The Sewing Place

Anyone up for a quick and easy project??

Bjay

Re: Anyone up for a quick and easy project??
« Reply #60 on: November 08, 2021, 17:39:42 PM »
@Iminei as I have said Iminie I am in no hurry. thank you.

Thinking about withdrawing from the block. Had a pig of a day not all sewing related, don't seem to have suitable fabric - only have very bright and not flowery

FED UP

Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Iminei

« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2021, 19:45:50 PM »
Oh Baby!

Maybe try it when youre in the mood, no problem if you dont ok?
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lowena

« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2021, 19:48:53 PM »
Oh @Bjay  :hug: I know how you feel, I was in a similar place yesterday. Sleep on any decision  :hug:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2021, 20:10:23 PM »
Feeling left out. All this secrecy. All these questions. All this lack of inclusion.

Anyone else tempted to vote? Simply because it's there on your page telling you to "vote"?

Anyone else thinking of (only half joking) sending @Iminei your address so the finished project comes to where it's badly needed?

Anyone else having a really crummy day?

Rambling for little or no reason?

:grouphug:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Ploshkin

« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2021, 22:12:54 PM »
I am in the land of the living - I find multiple PMs very confusing on my Kindle but I have found the tutorial.  I've got some fabric on its way for something else but I hope it will work for this block too.
Life's too short for ironing.

Diane

« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2021, 16:33:41 PM »
I now have all my fabric, too late to start it now but it will be on my list for tomorrow
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Ellabella

« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2021, 16:56:02 PM »
Was missing one colour so went to new local quilt shop and bought 4 pieces which will be useful for something else as well, at least that's my excuse.

Its so lovely to have a quilt shop I can actually go in, with a lovely owner and beautiful stock.

Just hope it succeeds as she is putting a great deal of effort into it, not to mention the cost of the stock.

RJR_38

« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2021, 19:01:43 PM »
If my sewing machine gets fixed on the 16th as planned I’m happy to sew up a block or two if you send me the link. If it doesn’t get fixed I’m stuck :(

Iminei

« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2021, 16:41:17 PM »
My cup runneth over with not one, not two, but three packages of loveliness arriving through the letterbox this morning
Add to that a package with the Skandi fabric to complete my search and Im feeling very loved.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

@StitchinTime  ... Gorgeous soft coloured feminine fabrics ....  :*

@Sheilago ... Beautiful  Darling, soft and fresh ... Puuuurfect!

@Sandra ... Lovely feature fabric and again, gloriously soft coloured fabrics

Fabulous!!!

Thank you Girls ... There will be a private album at the end of the week for you all to follow the progress of this project

Looooving the sparkly green envelope BTW that will certainly be reused and used and used!

Starryfish

« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2021, 12:16:29 PM »
@Iminei ,

thank you for a little package! However I now seem to have lost the link to the tutorial, can you send me it again?

Thanks

Pm sent
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 16:41:06 PM by Iminei »
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

Iminei

« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2021, 16:40:18 PM »
Todays mini avalanche of blocks  included one from @BrendaP  ... Glorious feature floral darling
and not one but two from @Diane  ...

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

As I said there will be an album to drool over as they arrive but I want to iron them to show them off to their best before ... so the weekend Ok ???

Lowena

« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2021, 17:46:09 PM »
I'm posting mine tomorrow if I can park at the post office  :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Ploshkin

« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2021, 11:49:10 AM »
I'm feeling a bit left behind here but my fabric hasn't materialised yet.  Once it lands I will be onto it toot sweet.
Life's too short for ironing.

Catllar

« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2021, 13:14:26 PM »
I planned to post mine today but as yesterday was a holiday the post office was operating reduced hours today and was closed by 10am. - Go figure. I'm assuming it won't be open tomorrow either as Thursday was a holiday.

Tip: In France if a holiday day falls on a Thursday then you can pretty much wipe out Friday, Sat and Sun and if it falls on a Tuesday then wipe out Sat Sun and Mon. Of course with a Tuesday hol there is always the possibility that Wednesday won't see much happening in various businesses as Wednesday is a half day at school ( don't have children? doesn't matter - it;s the half day that counts).

Then of course many enterprises are closed on Monday should they have had the bad luck to work on Saturday. And of course no one works on a Sunday apart from private -owned business in small towns up to midday and then only food related, apart from the 4 weeks preceeding Xmas when they are all allowed to be open with a prefectorial decree agreement!  Hope this helps! :laughing: Oh yes and don't forget - stand close to the wall at midday or else you can be cruched in the stampede to get out and on the way home for the 2 hour lunch break.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

coffeeandcake

« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2021, 13:16:09 PM »
@Ploshkin I only got the remainder of my fabric yesterday and when I got home I had some garden stuff to take care of, then I decided late pm wasn't a good time to start.  This morning was booster jab time and I'm just home again.  Hoping to get to it this weekend.  I'm almost hoping that we don't have good weather so that I can stay inside.