The Sewing Place

Winter hat knit along please join

Celia

Re: Winter hat knit along please join
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2021, 16:48:38 PM »
Here is another hat in the running for next project https://www.garnstudio.com/pattern.php?id=6249&cid=19 got to go and hunt through my yarn stash

SingingSinger

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2021, 17:48:58 PM »
I've started my hat. I'm using the Violet Waffles free pattern on Ravelry in a royal blue acrylic. I wanted a hat I can put a bobble on the top. We'll just have to see how well that works with this pattern  :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 17:43:35 PM by SingingSinger »
Mostly a dressmaker with a few other crafts thrown in. Teetering on the Darkside. Owner of vintage machines Singer 201K and Elna Lotus SP (and a Brother Innovis 350SE and Pfaff Ambition 620)

Diane

« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2021, 18:04:27 PM »
Here is another hat in the running for next project https://www.garnstudio.com/pattern.php?id=6249&cid=19 got to go and hunt through my yarn stash

@Celia ooh now your talking  :faints: that is super nice
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Flobear

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2021, 19:23:18 PM »
The only photo I can find of the earflap hat is posted on the gardening forum.  I made it from the leftover yarn from the woolly pulli. It ended up a bit big so I knitted an inner band from leftover sock wool and crocheted around the edge to give it a nice finish as well as to stop it stretching.
Will take a couple of pics of hat detail tomorrow and add them.

NB Joanna Lumley not available for the photoshoot so I had to model it  ;)
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Acorn

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2021, 09:40:35 AM »
@Diane That looks very like the yarn I'm using to make a scarf - it's Jewelspun Aran, in Glacier, which is every colour of the rainbow, but muted.  I should have enough to make a hat as well, and I have a pattern lined up that I have adapted to match my scarf.   :thumbsup:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Diane

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2021, 10:24:21 AM »
@Acorn It’s lovely wool isn’t it, so soft as well. I’m not sure what the colours I have as the label has come off
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Acorn

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2021, 10:53:54 AM »
Mine was like that - it was half price in Hobbycraft, the only one of its colour, but I wanted two so I searched it down on the internet and got a second ball!

This is what it looks like knitted up:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Ann

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2021, 11:04:37 AM »
Ohhhhh! Another thread to look at many more lovely items.

I knit DD a hat to go with her riding stuff she bought. She wanted it to be coordinated for when she goes riding. The hat is an easy one that I've knit many, many times. This one I used 2 strands of sock wool together and knit it on a circular needle.

I have lots of yarn left to make her matching socks. I'll get at them in later in December or early January. I will add hats to this thread as I make them. I have another hat to make DD. She wears hats all winter and loves hand made ones the best.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 16:17:02 PM by Ann »
Stash Busting 2023
Goal: 50 metres

Lowena

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2021, 12:15:56 PM »
I see you cleared the books off the log burner @Acorn  :laughing:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

b15erk

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2021, 12:18:17 PM »
I'll be joining in, as soon as I feel better.  :'(

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Acorn

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2021, 12:37:10 PM »
I did @Lowena - they're now in two other places.   :laughing:

Turquoise

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2021, 20:57:15 PM »
Sorry you are not feeling well @b15erk - hope you are on the mend soon.

I will join in too - there are some lovely hats here already.  That wool is really pretty @Acorn  :)

Celia

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2021, 22:09:10 PM »
My hat I started last night turned into a cowl, the wool is so lovely and snuggly I need it around my neck not my head. Photo to follow.

Love all the hats I have seen here

Celia

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2021, 14:26:37 PM »
Here is the Hat that turned into a cowl, this is such a soft yarn it would have been wasted around my head.

I have just found this pattern too and am tempted to do this next in Drops Nepal, the pattern is in a magazine I got from the library app

SingingSinger

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2021, 17:57:33 PM »
My hat is coming along now. I had to unravel 5 rows as I made a mistake in the pattern, but now I'm back on a roll. This is the Violet Waffles hat pattern from Ravelry

The pattern is supposed to be knitted in the round but I'm doing it on 2 needles so it has a side seam. Hopefully the decreasing won't be too hard to translate to 2 needles.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 18:03:47 PM by SingingSinger »
Mostly a dressmaker with a few other crafts thrown in. Teetering on the Darkside. Owner of vintage machines Singer 201K and Elna Lotus SP (and a Brother Innovis 350SE and Pfaff Ambition 620)