The Sewing Place

Winter hat knit along please join

Flobear

Re: Winter hat knit along please join
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2021, 20:14:37 PM »
Here's a closer-up pic of my hat without me in it  ;)

I used left-over wool from the pulli and found a pattern to adapt that worked with the jumper. Hat was a little bit big so I used red sock wool to knit a band for the inside and an extra layer for the earflaps - which makes them nice and cosy.

Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Celia

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2021, 10:50:19 AM »
@SingingSinger that looks a great colour and so neatly knitted, well done.

@Flobear love your hat I have problems with my ears if they get too cold so maybe I need to put something like this on my never ending list.

SingingSinger

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2021, 12:30:47 PM »
@SingingSinger that looks a great colour and so neatly knitted, well done.

Thank you. ☺️
It's now finished with a pom pom attached. I enjoyed knitting it and may start another hat soon. I've just got to finish some fingerless gloves for my son first!
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 12:33:56 PM by SingingSinger »
Mostly a dressmaker with a few other crafts thrown in. Teetering on the Darkside. Owner of vintage machines Singer 201K and Elna Lotus SP (and a Brother Innovis 350SE and Pfaff Ambition 620)

Sheilago

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2021, 11:15:03 AM »
Wish I had time to join in, but I’m knitting an aran hooded cardigan for granddaughter 2 ( for Christmas - forgot how slow aran is!  ) and then I’ve got to knit a dinosaur sweater for granddaughter 1. Also promised some baby items for a cousin’s grandchild. However,  I’ve  just finished some things for granddaughter 3 , due in January and I did 2 hats for her- do they count?  :D I love the old fashioned bonnets, but my daughter wouldn’t let me make them for her 2 girls. Daughter in law isn’t getting a choice as I just wanted to knit them.  :laughing: The first one tuned out a bit big for a new-born, so I made another different one and reduced the stitches to make sure it was small. If it doesn’t fit her, it’ll fit her doll eventually!

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2021, 12:27:06 PM »
They’re very cute @Sheilago and I hope they get used. 
BTW don’t assume she’ll play with dolls….I didn’t!  :)

Ouryve

« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2021, 13:27:37 PM »
I realised I was overdue a new hat when I laid my hands on some single ply dk merino leftover from a project. I figured this bright sparks hat would give it just enough texture and stretch to stay on my head. https://www.yarnpond.com/designers/amikihia-knits
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Ouryve

« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2021, 20:12:31 PM »
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  Pure squish. Just a plain long tail cast on because the suggested cast on did not work with this yarn.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Celia

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2021, 09:51:54 AM »
That hat looks as if it is going to be a lovely soft and warm hat, looking forward to seeing it finished .

Where are these other hat knitters?

Acorn

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2021, 11:39:40 AM »
I've started... initially I discovered that my circular needle was too short, and then I discovered that it was also not the right size (the pattern says size 8, but it's a US size 8, which is 5mm).  No problem.  I ordered a new one.  When that came I found it was too long even though it was the length specified in the pattern... I tried on 5 double pointed needles, but quickly realised this was going to be a nightmare with the cable and lace pattern.

So I did the natural thing, and ordered myself a set of interchangeable Knitpro needles.   :love:  They arrived yest4rday, and the hat is now properly underway.

I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Celia

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2021, 11:50:27 AM »
@Acorn well done bit of retail therapy too, look forward to seeing it

Ouryve

« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2021, 11:52:43 AM »
Squishy hat complete but a little short, it turns out. And it has a longer, squishier friend!  Knitted with some WYS re:treat I picked up in John Lewis, last week.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 12:00:19 PM by Ouryve »

SingingSinger

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2021, 19:51:34 PM »
My knitted hat was admired by a work colleague this week so I may be knitting another as Xmas pressie this weekend :)  Different colour and different pattern I think. Any recommendations for a bobble hat that pulls cosily over the ears? :D
Mostly a dressmaker with a few other crafts thrown in. Teetering on the Darkside. Owner of vintage machines Singer 201K and Elna Lotus SP (and a Brother Innovis 350SE and Pfaff Ambition 620)

Ellabella

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2021, 20:25:08 PM »
Just realised I can add my fourpennath.

My GD in her new hat, knit from a random hank  I found in my local charity shop. I only just had enough to knit the hat but luckily had a fairly close match in the stash for the pom-poms.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

WendyW

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2021, 20:47:21 PM »
I decided to knit hats for as many of my family as I can get done by Christmas. So far I've completed one! May not get as many done as hoped. So, here's number 1. I should have made it a little taller, but it covers the ears and I like it. No particular pattern used, just played with the stitches as I went.

Jewel-tone hat by CraftymamaMN, on Flickr

Celia

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2021, 09:10:38 AM »
It is lovely to see so many hats. My son came in wearing his new one the other day and I forgot to get a picture