The Sewing Place

Sew something simple....

Celia

Re: Sew something simple....
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2021, 17:45:33 PM »
Ohh I like that better than the one I was thinking of doing which is a bit of an overkill for the purpose, I want to make one to give a friend with a few bits and pieces in for Christmas.

I have just found the magazine in the Libby app so I am  :thinking: :thinking:

Lilian

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2021, 17:58:16 PM »
Really pretty bag @Lemon Syllabub I like all the pretty fabrics  :)
Willing but not always able :)

Lemon Syllabub

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2021, 18:37:03 PM »
It's been years and years and years since I made a bag. I forgot how much fun they are to sew.

@realale Yes it was quick... the quilting, not so quick but that was me faffing around and generally having a lovely play. The bag itself, super quick. It went together in less than half an hour.  :dance:

@Celia Yes, I was thinking of giving mine to my sister with bits and pieces in for Christmas.  :)

@Diane  & @Lilian Thank you. I thought the fabrics were pretty too. I just hope my sister does.  :rolleyes:

My next quilting project is going to be the beginner friendly lap quilt from the Christmas projects booklet that came with the magazine. 

...... not entirely sure how I'm going to quilt something so big (almost 140cm) as the harp space on my sewing machine is only about 18cm???   :thinking:

I think I may be mithering you all for more advice in the not too distant future.....  :rolleyes:

William

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2021, 10:22:10 AM »
@realale we have........biscuits.  :devil:

You mean like buttermilk buisquits or cookies?  :laughing:

Beautiful bag! And they are fun as well...

WD
...it was a Hobbit hole, and that meant comfort.

Celia

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2021, 10:27:46 AM »
I am about 1/2 way through making this bag, it is a fun make