The Sewing Place

Misery

rubywishes

Misery
« on: November 11, 2021, 00:03:43 AM »

Another scrap buster project all cut out and ready to go  :rant: but I'm 4 weeks post shoulder surgery with another 2 weeks in a wretched sling. I tried one armed sewing and it did not go well for my machine, my accuracy and my patience. I may have even heard my machine and fabric quietly sobbing as I passed the sewing room later that day they were so traumatised by the event :(
My recovery is not going well due to a gazillion factors and several months down the track I have the other shoulder to  then be addressed.  sigh, I'm just gonna be lurking around on you all for quite some time :(
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Renegade Sewist

Re: Misery
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 03:17:59 AM »
 :hug: well certainly all stinks. Feel free to visit and one handed chit chat with us until you're up and running again.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Iminei

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2021, 05:59:57 AM »
At least you can post on here one handed ...

I've always typed one handed ... a circumstance brought about by having my left wrist broken when I started on this t'internet malarky (which is the Greatest Biggest Fib I have ever uttered and which I used to throw around with gay abandon! The actuality is more like I usually have a glass in my other hand !!!)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 06:43:37 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2021, 06:40:56 AM »
@Iminei if I hadn't become sensitive to alcohol I would be joining you.  :toast: I miss Pina coladas and gin & tonic. Ok...martinis, margaritas, Irish coffee.  The list goes on.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Silver Rose

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2021, 06:53:36 AM »
@rubywishes  oh how I feel your pain and anguish, I've just had my second hip replacement operation and I just can't sit and sew. There is a skirt half finished and the lining all pinned ready to sew. The frustration is all consuming. I wish you a good recovery and you can rant away to us here on TSP, we will want to know how you are progressing. Take care  :hug:

Cazlyn

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2021, 07:11:09 AM »
That sucks, I hope you’re soon feeling much better. 

Crafting is my happy place

Diane

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2021, 07:18:04 AM »
Well i hope your shoulder has a speedy recovery, nothing worse than not being able to do something you love.
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Pearl

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2021, 07:39:35 AM »
Sorry to hear your woes, @rubywishes .  Hoping you heal quickly.

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2021, 08:20:45 AM »
@rubywishes

Sorry to hear that. I can imagine it must feel both painful and very frustrating for you. Sending you warm hugs.  :hug:

My sister-in-law fell and broke her left shoulder badly a few years ago and has had to have it re-done this summer as her arm still wasn’t moving as well as it should. She’s in her 70’s and supposedly retired but still volunteers her admin services for a local club (where she broke it in the first place!!) and is still working there about 30 hours a week. I think she’s nuts still working when she’s not fully recovered but it gets her out and meeting people. She explained to me ages ago about how it limits her activities and how she has to rely on my brother to help her get dressed etc.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2021, 09:21:23 AM »
How frustrating, @rubywishes .  Hope it's better soon.

Lachica

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2021, 09:24:47 AM »
Ouch! Apart from the pain, annoying when you're prevented from everyday activities.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

realale

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2021, 09:32:04 AM »
Oh, gosh, @rubywishes, how frustrating. No wonder you are miserable.
Hope it mends quickly  :hug:
So many beers, so little time.

Ellabella

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2021, 09:40:10 AM »
@rubywishes oh b****r,  :hug: :hug:

Lowena

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2021, 09:43:58 AM »
Oh Rubes  :hug: <3 been wondering where you've got to, as I've been glued to the cricket and that always makes me think of Adam Zampa sunshine, absent friends and bl***y NZ  :rant: :rant:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

BrendaP

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2021, 09:49:20 AM »
Oh @rubywishes that's so frustrating.  When one bit of you doesn't work as it should it impacts on everything, including your mental health.  Do keep coming on here, keep us updated with your progress and have a moan if you need to.  Meanwhile you can still stroke your stash with the other hand.   :hug:
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.