The Sewing Place

Asking the impossible

sewmuchmore

Asking the impossible
« on: November 15, 2021, 17:32:29 PM »
A couple of weeks ago i came across a blouse/shirt PDF pattern and forgot to book mark it and now i cannot find it again. It is a button up loose fitting blouse/shirt with drop shoulders and long sleeves, it has a back yoke and the back panel has a pleat in it.
It definitely not a big four, Style Arc or Merchant and Mill (my usual go to patterns) nor is it the Gilbert from Helens Closet.

Anyone come across anything like this?

Sorry forgot to say i have also looked at everything on the FoldLine.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 17:34:14 PM by sewmuchmore »
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Ohsewsimple

Re: Asking the impossible
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2021, 18:23:17 PM »
Just a thought. If you know roughly when you saw it could you look back through your History to see if anything jogs your memory.  Otherwise what other makes do you look at? 

coffeeandcake

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2021, 20:11:49 PM »
@sewmuchmore it sounds very much like the Grainline Archer

Esme866

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2021, 00:30:40 AM »
It also sounds like numerous patterns in my pattern stash! :laughing:

sewmuchmore

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2021, 09:16:00 AM »
@coffeeandcake no it's not the Archer. It is a more boxy oversized shape with drop shoulders.
@Ohsewsimple My history is set to clear every time i log off, i came across the pattern through reading a blog that gave a link to something else, that also gave a link to some were, you know how it is, before you know it you are in the middle of the maze and no idea how you got there.

Janet

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2021, 10:28:42 AM »
Maybe a seach on Pattern Review would help?  I do this all the time, and I really aggravate myself - why can't I just save it?

The last Butterick shirt dress I did had a back pleat, but not dropped sleeves.  I also have a Threadcount one, but again, doesn't appear to have dropped sleeves.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Missie

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2021, 10:46:55 AM »
@ My history is set to clear every time i log off,

Hmm maybe time to change your settings, although too late for current dilemma!

b15erk

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2021, 10:53:28 AM »
This has really caught my fancy as I love a shirt dress!  I've just Binged a search on Shirt Dress Patterns, and some very pretty ones have turned up on Images.

THIS was one I liked Sedona Shirt Tunic Dress Sewing Pattern, but a rather old Burda one caught my eye 06-2013 #120.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2021, 12:31:40 PM »
@Ohsewsimple My history is set to clear every time i log off, i came across the pattern through reading a blog that gave a link to something else, that also gave a link to some were, you know how it is, before you know it you are in the middle of the maze and no idea how you got there.

Oh yeah we’ve all been there.  :)  I now try to open each page on a new tab

I learnt some time ago to keep my History for quite a while.  It’s been a godsend to be able to go back for some things.

Ouryve

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2021, 17:21:20 PM »
It's not the style arc Lauren, is it? Or the Assembly line oversized shirt?
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

sewmuchmore

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2021, 16:59:55 PM »
Now found it, and remembered why i didn't bookmark. It is the Waikerie shirt by Muna and Broad. I am a bit smaller than their smallest measurements and wasn't sure if the shirt would swamp me, but i am going to take a punt, i can scale the pattern down myself if needed.
But whist looking i came across this as well, and i do like the shawl collar.

Janet

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2021, 17:10:31 PM »
Glad you found it @sewmuchmore.  Personally I prefer the second one.  Like you I like a shawl collar.

Ouryve

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2021, 20:52:03 PM »
I prefer the second one, too. Not a fan of the neckline on the first. There's a lot of ease on both of them, so having a range of smaller sizes makes grading easier, too. I fall short of curvy ranges but even when I was heavier, I needed the bust space but everything else was wrong for my frame.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2021, 21:19:21 PM »
I think the second one has an elegant ease that would work better with more body types. The first one, I agree the collar might be problematic. It doesn't really flatter any of the many models. I'm inclined to think your time will be better used on the second one. That tiny shawl collar is sweet.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2021, 15:33:38 PM »
So, i decided on the shawl collar by Sew Me Something, but, being a tight fisted Yorkshire lass thought i would do a search to see if i could get the pattern cheaper. Probably shouldn't be sharing this with you but hay the links were freely available. When i did my search these came up. the instructions the shirt click on the link for the pattern, and https://sewmesomethingcourses.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Eleanor-Curvy-A0-Pattern-.pdfthe curvy version.
To be honest this is not the first time i have stubbled across pdf patterns ready to go, and from some pretty well known companies, that are freely available. I can only assume someone has forgot to password protect.

Janet