The Sewing Place

Up Up and Away Cushion

Diane

Up Up and Away Cushion
« on: November 16, 2021, 19:28:10 PM »
Well after all the chat about Foundation Paper Piecing i thought well why not, i like puzzles and it may be right up my street. I've bought this cushion pattern and it's made up of 109 pieces, today my tones of white fat quarters got delivered along with some A4 tracing paper that i can put in my printer to print the pattern pieces on and a add a quarter piecing ruler to help with accuracy when folding the paper. Just need to sort out some fabric tomorrow and i'm all ready to start.

I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Pearl

Re: Up Up and Away Cushion
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 19:35:16 PM »
Good luck, @Diane

<3 FPP and hope you do too.

Diane

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2021, 19:37:16 PM »
@Pearl I've been watching a lot of tutorials on Youtube and i really like the way it is done, always up for a challenge so it should keep me busy for a while.
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

realale

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2021, 19:41:24 PM »
I've done some FPP and find it quite rewarding - once I get my head round what I'm doing that is!! I have to read the instructions every time as it doesn't come naturally to me.  :D
So many beers, so little time.

Diane

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2021, 19:42:14 PM »
I’m hoping I fall in love with this technique as I’ve come across this and absolutely love all the vibrant colours

Lilian

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2021, 20:45:51 PM »
That looks quite complicated but will be gorgeous when it's done  :)
Willing but not always able :)

Lilian

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2021, 20:48:28 PM »
I’m hoping I fall in love with this technique as I’ve come across this and absolutely love all the vibrant colours

Wow I love the zebra!  I would like to think I could make that but time will tell.  :)
Willing but not always able :)

Iminei

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2021, 07:28:36 AM »
You need to summon up the Spirit of @the Queen of FPP   :devil:
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Cazlyn

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2021, 07:31:27 AM »
@Diane that looks fun.  I’ve only done a couple of FFP’s which I enjoyed but they were much smaller, have fun and keep us up to date.
Crafting is my happy place

rubywishes

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2021, 08:37:02 AM »
Oh now don't they look like lovely, lovely ones to do!  Balloon and zebra....loooooove them both! :thumb:
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Diane

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2021, 09:02:09 AM »
Well i've printed all of the pattern pieces out on the A4 Vellum paper and that's worked a treat  :thumb: I'll cut them out as i need them as it seems a more organised way of doing it and i don't want to get in a pickle with it. When i get to do the sewing i'm going to set my stitch length to 1.5mm so it makes it easier to pull the paper away. The paper will stay on until it has all been completely pieced together.

Diane

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2021, 09:04:26 AM »
Oh now don't they look like lovely, lovely ones to do!  Balloon and zebra....loooooove them both! :thumb:

I came across the zebra cushion after i had bought the balloon pattern so it will get added to my project list.

Celia

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2021, 09:26:53 AM »
They look fabulous and a really great way to keep the brain engaged as well as the hands, not too sure I have the patients for something that detailed.
I don’t have good colour sense when it comes to fabrics, I am fine with wool but fabrics seem to defeat me.
Although you have made me think about a kit I think I might have lurking in a cupboard somewhere  :thinking: :thinking:

Diane

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2021, 12:08:48 PM »
This is tricky getting your head round which way the fabric should be, got the first one wrong so I’ve redone it, one down and 108 to go.

109/108

Catllar

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2021, 13:34:16 PM »
That looks like fun!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !