The Sewing Place

Up Up and Away Cushion

Diane

Re: Up Up and Away Cushion
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2021, 15:13:51 PM »
I am amazed at just how quickly you make managed to make this.  What is next in the pipeline?

@Elnnina Once you get the gist of how to piece together then it's quite an easy process. ooh what's next  :thinking: i'm still trying to decide but i think it might be a wall hanging, i have a space on the wall behind my chair that needs something hanging there. I'll be using the same technique (FPP) as i found it really satisfying, was thinking of doing a block each month based on something that i see in or above my garden.
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Elnnina

« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2021, 15:29:24 PM »
Sounds interesting Diane, shall look forward to seeing what you make - have fun with this one.  You say you haven't got the room for a pouffe/tuffet so why not make the small tuffet and have this on your sewing table, the one I got my sister I was able to buy some little bun feet as an extra and she is thrilled with this.  My sister waited until she had returned to Canada before she made this up and then this was on a brand new sewing machine which was awaiting her return - so a success all around and it was also the first time she had used the machine.  I always like to try and find something a little bit different for her in the sewing/craft line, and this was was a tremendous hit.

Diane

« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2021, 15:40:27 PM »
@Elnnina I could make a smaller version as a pin cushion, i have a magnetic pin dish at the moment but i think a pin cushion would be handy, i'll get my thinking cap on.
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

SunnyWave

« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2022, 09:23:02 AM »
Beautiful, and it really requires amazing patience! Have you managed to start it?

Diane

« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2022, 09:34:10 AM »
Beautiful, and it really requires amazing patience! Have you managed to start it?

@SunnyWave Do you mean the cushion?

SunnyWave

« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2022, 09:38:39 AM »
@SunnyWave Do you mean the cushion?
Yep, that pretty cushion, from the pattern you've shared in the first message.

Diane

« Reply #96 on: January 11, 2022, 09:47:52 AM »
@SunnyWave Here is the finished cushion that I made

SunnyWave

« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2022, 09:52:34 AM »
@SunnyWave Here is the finished cushion that I made

Wow, amazing!