The Sewing Place

Up Up and Away Cushion

Lowena

Re: Up Up and Away Cushion
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2021, 15:14:26 PM »
Who's put Diane in a sand box?! :S Is it you @Celia or you @Iminei .....We should be told!!
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Acorn

« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2021, 15:28:05 PM »
And has she at least got a bucket and spade?   :o
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Celia

« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2021, 15:33:37 PM »
@Iminei yes it was me,  this is the thread https://thesewingplace.org.uk/index.php/topic,13695.0.html
I decide it was too Diane is back in the said box.   She says with dunce’s cap on

I am so sorry @Diane  it is supposed to read,’ I decided it was too difficult and it’s back in the box, she says with dunces cap on.” 

Not too sure where my spell checker or whatever picked up your name and decided to play with it, serves me right for not reading before posting

I must say it gave me a good laugh when I saw this though which I needed this afternoon.

Diane

« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2021, 15:37:12 PM »
@Celia    :laughing: :laughing: i did laugh myself, i knew exactly what you meant.
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Iminei

« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2021, 16:35:17 PM »
Why not applique the scene ??

You have the fabrics; It would be easy to trace out the elements, adding a 'seam' allowance where needed to overlap  ... a lil heat'n'bond and a blanket, zigzag or straight stitch and you'd be on your way.

If I can take This and make This you can do that.

Its wonderfully absorbing.

Linky to entire album if you're interested
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lemon Syllabub

« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2021, 18:05:32 PM »
Have you lot been  :hic:     :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well if they have they b%%%&* well didn't invite me!!!!.... sulks off in search of the gin ... or the very dangerous cans of beer....that I'm sure @Iminei has hidden somewhere in the darkside.....

Iminei

« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2021, 18:22:19 PM »
@Lemon Syllabub  ... They're 8 pack bottles in plastic and cardboard wrap with metal caps that need an old fashioned bottle opener .... hahahaha
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lemon Syllabub

« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2021, 19:02:01 PM »
@Lemon Syllabub  with metal caps that need an old fashioned bottle opener .... hahahaha

Drat...thwarted by lack of a ring pull....

toileandtrouble

« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2021, 21:50:56 PM »
@Lemon Syllabub  Hey, don't forget to check your Swiss Army knife.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Diane

« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2021, 11:59:45 AM »
I know it's been a while but i've finally finished my cushion  :dance: The piping that i had ordered off etsy arrived yesterday and it looked like it had been steam rollered  :S, said to myself after all the effort and work that's gone into this cushion, i wasn't using it. This morning i dug out some piping cord, found a long strip of purple binding and made my own flanged piping.....easy peasy  :laughing: should have done it earlier. I done an envelope back out of some vibrant batik and hey presto.....here it is, I will add two buttons on the back flap, need to order some first.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 15:59:11 PM by Diane »
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Silver Rose

« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2021, 12:09:27 PM »
It is lovely Diane, so colourful, well done.
Still learning

Diane

« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2021, 12:13:52 PM »
Thankyou @Silver Rose I enjoyed making it and it's lovely looking across at the chair and seeing a colourful cushion instead of a plain green one.

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2021, 12:28:15 PM »
Wow @Diane that is stunning  :perfect10:
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Diane

« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2021, 12:31:22 PM »
Thankyou @Bumblebuncher  :embarrassed:

Bill

« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2021, 13:16:04 PM »
 :scream: :faints: :perfect10:
Bernina 570QE (Bernie)     1937 Singer 201k (sally)
The best advice I can give you, is don't take advice from me
Don't follow me, I do stupid things