The Sewing Place

Janome HD2200 Extension Table

Ian

Janome HD2200 Extension Table
« on: November 17, 2021, 11:07:38 AM »
Does anyone know where I can get an extension table for my HD2200. The only one that I have found so far was made to order at £129.00!!
Thank you

Kad

Re: Janome HD2200 Extension Table
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021, 13:12:40 PM »
@Ian
Try getting in touch with Coulingsewingmachines.co.uk. they have offers on various Janome extension tables and also an unbranded one made to measure for about £75 - not cheap but considerably less than £129!
  • Ian likes this
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.

Gernella

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2021, 16:30:27 PM »
I'm assuming you mean the Perspex ones normally used for quilting @Ian as the others are considerably cheaper.
  • Ian likes this
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Ian

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2021, 10:53:47 AM »
Thank you both for the suggestions, I think I am going to have a go at making one. I am sure there must be something hiding in my garage that I can repurpose.

Acorn

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2021, 12:38:06 PM »
Mr Acorn made me one from a spare piece of kitchen worktop.

It has sections of wooden curtain pole for legs, and is extremely heavy - which is good when it's in place, less so when it needs moving!  The front edge - which you can't see in the pictures - is curved, which lets the fabric move fairly easily, and there is a very slight slope from back to front, so that it lines up with my machine (other machines may not need this).

I lined the inset bit, where the bed of the machine sits, with felt, to protect it.

The original thread is here.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Sheilago

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2021, 12:41:36 PM »
Thank you both for the suggestions, I think I am going to have a go at making one. I am sure there must be something hiding in my garage that I can repurpose.

@Ian , I’m sure I’ve heard of people using bits of Kingspan insulation to make extension tables. It about the right thickness and easy to cut to shape. I’m sure there’ll be a YouTube video to show you how.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2021, 14:47:32 PM »
That’s a fabulous bit of kit @Acorn.  Lucky you! 

Lowena

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2021, 15:45:53 PM »
That's great @Acorn
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Ian

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2021, 11:39:49 AM »
Mr Acorn made me one from a spare piece of kitchen worktop.

It has sections of wooden curtain pole for legs, and is extremely heavy - which is good when it's in place, less so when it needs moving!  The front edge - which you can't see in the pictures - is curved, which lets the fabric move fairly easily, and there is a very slight slope from back to front, so that it lines up with my machine (other machines may not need this).

I lined the inset bit, where the bed of the machine sits, with felt, to protect it.

The original thread is here.

Wow that's great thank you Acorn. I'm sure I have an offcut of kitchen worktop in the garage somewhere?