The Sewing Place

New Style Arc Richmond skirt

Helen M

New Style Arc Richmond skirt
« on: December 10, 2021, 11:16:57 AM »
A new release from Style Arc today https://www.stylearc.com/shop/sewing-patterns/richmond-utility-skirt/ which actually looks quite nice. I think I'd leave off the drawstring hem though!

Will probably wait until they have a Christmas sale before I buy.

Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Nevis5

Re: New Style Arc Richmond skirt
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2021, 11:55:25 AM »
I saw that too @Helen M  and thought the same thing about the drawstring.  Thought the hem had got caught up on the photos ;)

Not sure I need another pattern but you never know..

Ellabella

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2021, 14:20:45 PM »
I'm so glad you two said that about the hem.  I took a peek this morning and my first thought was 'they really should have pressed the hem before they took photos'.

Since then I've been wondering if I am just really old fashioned :thinking:.

mudcat

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2021, 16:07:08 PM »
It looks like linen fabric so one can press that and still look wrinkled.  I wear a fair amount of linen and that is always the case. 

I am in the minority. I like the drawstring hem.  However the other aspects of the skirt wouldn't work for me as I do not tuck. Ever.  So the waist would be hidden and part of the pleats depending on length of top. 

Ouryve

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2021, 23:11:38 PM »
I had a dress with a drawstring hem when I was younger and less lumpy. It was in a tencel twill and I often wore it with walking sandals.

I'm at a age now where I'd just look like I'd forgotten how to dress myself.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Esme866

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2021, 07:51:49 AM »
It's a cute skirt, but even in my youth, I would've edge stitched those pleats 'cause my belly and butt didn't need the extra volume.

When I was young, I would've worn the skirt frumpy and casual. At the age and size I am now? Let's just say, looking frumpy requires zero effort these days.

jen

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2021, 08:40:01 AM »
I like the skirt, but do I have the waist for that style now?

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2021, 13:16:28 PM »
I really like the drawstring hem - not that I can/will wear skirts these days.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2021, 18:32:00 PM »
I love it, even the drawstring hem. I haven't got a waist but love a skirt and this would suit a short hip length top, i am thinking the Teddy Top which i have made a few times. I am also thinking pin tucks rather than pleats. I will buy this but wait for the New Year sale.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Catllar

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2021, 11:22:32 AM »
I want to like it but 'm another one who due to slight fluffiness round the middle doesnt tuck in the slim top this would need to balance the bottom, so no.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !