The Sewing Place

Is this too difficult for me

Renegade Sewist

Re: Is this too difficult for me
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2021, 10:04:36 AM »
You are welcome @Celia . I  wonder where you got it too. The prices are in USD. Great that you have the fabric as it looks like she no longer markets that.

Ann

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2021, 12:02:02 PM »
@Celia, I would put this aside until January and make it a long term project. Like others have said, I would read all her information and do a free block she has up using what fabrics you have on hand. I do like the idea of what this designer is doing and will be doing one of the free blocks to see if I want to get one of her kits.

I have a picture to do also and have to trace all the pieces onto Steam A Seam and then iron to the fabric and layer it on to make a horse's head. Less sewing and more ironing. I question why I bought it other than it is one DD loved, a dealer did a sample, and I bought it.
Stash Busting 2020
Goal: 50 metres
So far: 3.5

Celia

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2021, 13:31:58 PM »
@Renegade Sewist i was not sure if I had bought it in the USA if so it was about 25 years ago, I have been there since but didn’t get to hobby shop if you know what I mean. 

Otherwise it was probably at The knitting and Stitching show in London as I have been there every year except this year for more years than I care to remember.

Pearl

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2021, 13:59:25 PM »
@Ann , I like the dragonfly block.  Might give that a go.   :thinking:

William

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2021, 15:53:19 PM »
To be fair, what i see as 'difficult' is more a question of patience and keeping on going...

Should be beautiful when done!

WD
...it was a Hobbit hole, and that meant comfort.