The Sewing Place

Is this too difficult for me

Renegade Sewist

Re: Is this too difficult for me
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2021, 10:04:36 AM »
You are welcome @Celia . I  wonder where you got it too. The prices are in USD. Great that you have the fabric as it looks like she no longer markets that.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Ann

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2021, 12:02:02 PM »
@Celia, I would put this aside until January and make it a long term project. Like others have said, I would read all her information and do a free block she has up using what fabrics you have on hand. I do like the idea of what this designer is doing and will be doing one of the free blocks to see if I want to get one of her kits.

I have a picture to do also and have to trace all the pieces onto Steam A Seam and then iron to the fabric and layer it on to make a horse's head. Less sewing and more ironing. I question why I bought it other than it is one DD loved, a dealer did a sample, and I bought it.
Stash Busting 2023
Goal: 50 metres

Celia

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2021, 13:31:58 PM »
@Renegade Sewist i was not sure if I had bought it in the USA if so it was about 25 years ago, I have been there since but didn’t get to hobby shop if you know what I mean. 

Otherwise it was probably at The knitting and Stitching show in London as I have been there every year except this year for more years than I care to remember.

Pearl

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2021, 13:59:25 PM »
@Ann , I like the dragonfly block.  Might give that a go.   :thinking:

William

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2021, 15:53:19 PM »
To be fair, what i see as 'difficult' is more a question of patience and keeping on going...

Should be beautiful when done!

WD
...it was a Hobbit hole, and that meant comfort.