The Sewing Place

The Truth will out

Ellabella

Re: The Truth will out
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2021, 23:02:26 PM »
We knew all along. Lovely quilt and clever Grandma.

William

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2021, 10:36:07 AM »
Wow! Well done - a work to be proud of and i am sure it will be cherished!

WD
...it was a Hobbit hole, and that meant comfort.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2021, 10:42:34 AM »
Really lovely @realale
I bet they are going to love it!

Sara-S

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2021, 11:34:41 AM »
It looks lovely and quite cuddly. We are, of course all our own harshest critics.  That is not to say the work is perfect, but instead, to try & learn to improve upon what you weren't happy with.

If you aren't sure how to make it better, ask. Folks here (who are far more expert than I) will help you.
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

realale

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2021, 10:25:57 AM »
The second quilt is now finished!! Yay!!
It's another quick and slap dash one, no precision used but the quilt police are safely under lock and key (thanks @Acorn   :D) so who cares?
I went through a crisis earlier in the week when I didn't think the fabrics were going to work. I hadn't got enough of one fabric so had to drive an hour to see if I could get some more - I couldn't.  :(  Out of the racks and rows of red Christmas fabric I couldn't find one that blended  :o They were either too orange or too something else. I got the nearest and although not ideal it works ok.
I sewed all day Friday and finally finished it yesterday, now I just have the labels to embroider and they are done.
I'm taking them over to the grandkids on Monday so that they can be used for the run up to Christmas rather than waiting for Christmas day when they would be getting out of date!!  0_0
After two months of doing something on these quilts virtually everyday (those embroideries took forever!!) now what shall I do? (rhetorical question - I have a list as long as my arm!!  :laughing:). So glad the pressure is off though.  :P
So many beers, so little time.

rubywishes

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2021, 22:07:37 PM »
Oh my, oh my, oh my!   Gorgeous :perfect10:
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!