The Sewing Place

Pale blue leather bags

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: Pale blue leather bags
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2021, 09:33:41 AM »
Thank you everyone, I do quite like the rivet too  0_0

I'm now wishing I hadn't decided to sew the strap in on the blue bag - my machine isn't liking so many layers, and I think this blue is a little thicker than the brown.  But I did it (only one or two skipped stitches), now to sew the edges to the circles - that's gonna be lots of fun  :S

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2021, 19:14:51 PM »
It's finished, after a few (or more) "magic" words!

Using fusible decovile made life very difficult trying to get it under the machine  and even more difficult turning it right side out.

I put a narrow strip of the leather on the inside pocket too.  It looks great, but the lining is only fixed at the zip edge, so if I put my phone in the pocket, the lining just sags.  I now see why bags often have the lining and outer seamed together then the seam allowance bound.

I'm very pleased with it.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Greybird

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2021, 22:37:35 PM »
So you should be @Bodgeitandscarper !

realale

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2021, 18:57:10 PM »
Lovely! and thanks for all the pics  :thumb:
So many beers, so little time.

Marniesews

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2021, 22:42:47 PM »
I really like those blue bags. That cute little pouch especially. I particularly like the effect on embroidery when the thread is a close colour to the fabric.  :love:
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Sewingsue

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2021, 11:21:48 AM »
While I have read with interest other posts on what can be done with an embroidery machine I have been able to walk away because nothing has grabbed me enough wo warrant adding to my collection of 'kit which I never use enough to justify what I spent'.

Your lovely bags are the first time I have been really tempted, Bodge.
So could I ask what machine you did them on?
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2021, 11:22:51 AM »
@Sewingsue They are done on Brother Innovis V3, it's a very popular and very good machine.

Finally finished the last of the pale blue leather.  This was a bit of a challenge as it's a made up design for all my charging leads and gadgets I seem to need when I go away.

There is a quite a bit of hand sewing, and a few bodges "design features" that I hadn't planned.  It's not the neatest job, but it'll do.  Let's just say I won't be making another like this.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 11:27:07 AM by Bodgeitandscarper »

Sewingsue

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2021, 12:10:56 PM »
Thank you

Quick Google

:o

Cured of any temptation
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2021, 12:35:18 PM »
Yes, it is a tad expensive...  I'm trying to get my money's worth from it, but it could take a while. 

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2021, 14:26:12 PM »
Very clever design @Bodgeitandscarper.  I’m always trying to reduce all these sort of things we need. 
They take up such a lot of space.

Lachica

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2021, 14:32:08 PM »
That's a really clever design. Did you design it 'in the hoop'? I could do with something similar. Good idea to keep the cables tidy on the middle layer.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2021, 17:58:56 PM »
@Lachica No, not in the hoop, I don't do digitising, only messing with existing embroidery designs.  :P