The Sewing Place

PJ Problemo

Iminei

PJ Problemo
« on: November 30, 2021, 07:22:54 AM »
On Sunday I popped into Tesco to return some bras and came out with a lovely pair of PJ bottoms ... Soft grey and pink check with pockets!!! (manufacturers have twigged that since we have been living in pjs since 2020 pockets would be a good idea YAY!) and yesterday I went to put them on .....

:scream: :rant:  :headbang:

The lil hanger they were on said size 8-10   :thumb:... the label (teeny tiny) had no size on it (at least that I could see) and when I put them on they were GINORMOUS!!!!! Seriously!

Now 'tis the season of cosy fires and the last few days have been very cold so naturally when I detagged them the tags went into starting a fire, as did the receipt so all I have is an EEEEEnormous pair of Pjs, the hanger and no proof of purchase ... WHAT do I do ???

Anyone want a very lovely pair of Pink and Pale grey PJ bots ??? They have turn ups and pockets !!!  :thumb:
£10 P&P included??? 
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Iminei

Re: PJ Problemo
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 07:34:18 AM »
Update Update Update

I have found the tag ... defo says 8-10, but have now lost the hanger ???? :S 

Receipt was definitely used to start the fire.  :(

Lachica

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 07:39:48 AM »
You could try taking them back, without the receipt they won't refund though would almost certainly swap for a smaller pair..... except, if labelled correctly, you'd be looking for a 4-6 ......time to get out the machine & reduce the size methinks.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Diane

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2021, 08:07:28 AM »
If it was me, i would go and buy another pair that are the correct size then use that receipt to return the pair that are too big  :laughing:
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Stitchalot

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2021, 08:20:33 AM »
Don’t worry about the hanger to take them back. There is an option of leaving it behind for recycling at time of purchase.

Sheilago

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2021, 10:44:10 AM »
@Iminei Actually all you need is ‘proof of purchase’ - so if you paid by card a bank printout might do.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2021, 10:45:54 AM »
Never, ever believe that a hanger with size info on it is the hanger that belongs with a garment. Never. Ever.

If these are cotton flannel they WILL shrink considerably. I always get them one or two sizes bigger than I wear. I want my flannel pj's to swim on me. Nothing worse than a pj wedgie when you're trying to sleep.

You shouldn't have a problem exchanging them but don't expect a refund  without proof of purchase.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

coffeeandcake

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2021, 17:12:53 PM »
Definitely take them back even without the receipt. Many of us are not given/accepting receipts atm as it's another potential risk for Covid transmission.

Iminei

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2021, 07:03:14 AM »
Found the Hanger too!

The thing is there is no size label inside the PJs but the tag that was attached definitely says 8-10 . I will take them back but its a 15 mile schlep each way which I really dont want to keep on doing .. but I have to as my local Tescos is food only.

Like your thinking Diane and wouldve thought of it but for the schlep.

Cant alter as A) I dont know how and B) they have pockets!!!!

StitchinTime

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2021, 07:16:13 AM »
 @Iminei Is the size on the label with the washing instructions?

Before you take them back, measure them and then take a tape measure with you so you can check that the next pair are smaller.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2021, 07:19:17 AM »
If it was me, i would go and buy another pair that are the correct size then use that receipt to return the pair that are too big  :laughing:

@Diane Probably wouldn’t work as each size will have a code. So it will register as the wrong one when scanned back into the till

Lachica

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2021, 08:27:27 AM »
If I lived nearer I'd come over with my scissors & help you alter them. Definitely take a tape measure with you this time.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2021, 11:51:01 AM »
@Iminei If you are in your local Tesco it may be worth trying.  They are all one big company and I have taken things back to stores that don't stock the item. They are very good on returns unlike some other shops and you may hit lucky
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Iminei

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2021, 16:59:49 PM »
Thanks BB but I actually want the PJ botts not a refund.