The Sewing Place

New approach to fabric

cacran

Re: New approach to fabric
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2022, 20:22:22 PM »
Raincoat? That reminds me of a very creative lady I worked with, who had a leopard print skirt she made from an umbrella. Removed the metal and added a waistband. It looked stunning but she couldn't go downstairs in it!!

Just read your post.

I made a hairdressing cape from my Leopard Skin print umbrella. It was too good to throw out.

Celia

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2022, 21:49:51 PM »
Brilluznt idea a real way to recycle @cacran

Morgan

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2022, 18:28:11 PM »
Packing Pods or Packing Cubes for the Ripstop. 
Great for travelling but also really useful for storing stash fabrics      - don't you just love irony.

there are some DIY and freebie tutorials around, but if you prefer a pattern, take a look at Spencer Ogg.
https://www.spencerogg.com/packing-pods-new-pattern-out-now/

Last year I made sets of packing pods as Christmas gifts for 3 people - certainly got through quite a bit of fabric and didn't take long once I'd got organised.  On some I inserted a mesh panel and on another set i included a clear vinyl panel as per a request.  The ones with the clear vinyl panels are used for storing bedding and towels  so the easy view is useful.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 18:29:58 PM by Morgan »

Puzzler

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2022, 18:51:54 PM »
What a great idea for a gift @Morgan. You have given me an idea for DD2’s birthday present for Feb. I just helped her pack up and leave unexpectedly early. She took away the sandals she had forgotten last summer and left her phone chargers on this occasion.  :rolleyes: They may help her to be more organised.

Morgan

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2022, 20:44:48 PM »
....  :rolleyes: They may help her to be more organised.

. . . well dreams do come true somethimes . . .