The Sewing Place

Online Class with Rory Duffy for Ladies Tailoring

Esme866

Online Class with Rory Duffy for Ladies Tailoring
« on: December 01, 2021, 08:48:20 AM »
Just thought I'd post a note here for anyone interested in tailoring. Rory Duffy is offering Tailoring a Ladies Jacket on Vimeo for just €/$25/month. Very reasonable!.

I know nothing of the specifics, but I am seriously thinking this will be my "Merry Christmas to Me" this year. Will probably make the decision a bit closer to Christmas.

For those who don't know, Rory Duffy is Savile Row trained and a past winner of the Row's Golden Shears Award.  He also has several videos posted on YouTube if you'd like to check him out.

WildAtlanticWay

Re: Online Class with Rory Duffy for Ladies Tailoring
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 09:28:11 AM »
Thank you for posting this.

Rory joined my sewing Facebook group last year.  I set it up in January 2020 and it’s been steadily growing to over 500 members. It’s for people who live in or have strong connections to Ireland, so it’s only ever going to be a relatively small group.

He has posted a couple of tailoring tutorials but he’s doesn’t say much about himself and

I HAD NO IDEA WHO HE IS

:embarrassed:

I think I’d better re-visit his posts…. :laughing:

Esme866

Re: Online Class with Rory Duffy for Ladies Tailoring
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 18:12:49 PM »
@WildAtlanticWay  :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

He does seem to be a really decent guy along with being an exceptionally gifted tailor!

A few years back, I posted a similar announcement - though much shorter - about his YouTube videos on another sewing forum. Almost immediately the "mean girls" on the site began attacking me as they often did. Rory joined, and thanked me very nicely for making the announcement. It was amazing how quickly those "girls" (in truth, women old enough to know better!) were silenced.

May I also take this time to thank everyone on this forum for always being so gracious and civilized. The community here is just so refreshing compared to so much of what many of us endure on a day to day basis. Thank you!