The Sewing Place

More leather, but no ideas - yet

Bodgeitandscarper

More leather, but no ideas - yet
« on: December 07, 2021, 14:03:28 PM »
The bigger pieces aren't as pink as I'd hoped, but lovely, soft and thin.  The sparkly bits are also leather, I bought a pack of five  but they gave me extra as they'd forgotten to send my order.

I just need some ideas now, preferably for useful things I'll actually use...

What did I buy them for, I hear you ask.  Cos they is pretty and shiney  :dance:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Lachica

Re: More leather, but no ideas - yet
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 14:32:54 PM »
Ooh pretty, shiny... that's enough excuse.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Lilian

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2021, 17:23:30 PM »
Very pretty @Bodgeitandscarper do you carry a treat bag when you walk the dogs, or a poo bag holder?  that would be good a use.
Willing but not always able :)

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2021, 18:01:29 PM »
@Lilian Good ideas, but t'OH is Chief Poo Picker, and possibly wouldn't want any of those colours  :P

Esme866

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2021, 22:35:20 PM »
@Bodgeitandscarper It would be difficult to misplace a shiny silver poo bag holder.

I use mineral makeup. I'd be making a holder for my makeup brushes. My shiny silver vinyl one is 10 years old, and mostly cracked and beige.....

A new leather makeup bag would be nice.

But in all honesty, I have truly been sketching ideas for making my own shoes....I'll not go into the details but all of my 8 arches have fallen.

Ooooh! On that vein.....house slippers!

BrendaP

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2021, 23:17:51 PM »
Bags, purses and pouches of all types.
Fancy zip pulls
Gloves
Christmas ornaments
Patchwork pouffé
Bicycle saddle
Flower brooch
Tabs for attaching buckles and straps on garments
Looped belt
or look here for more ideas
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Esme866

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2021, 06:06:13 AM »
Gloves, yes!

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2021, 09:23:48 AM »
@BrendaP I had one of those belts back in the 70s, mine was purple suede  0_0  The link to the leather accessories ideas will keep me busy for a while, thank you.

I did wonder about gloves, but I don't think the big pieces are big enough for two gloves - not for my huge hands anyway, and they are not colours I'd wear anyway.  And of course gloves are far too fiddly for me to make a neat job of  :S

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2021, 09:30:52 AM »
key fob, leather bookmark, scissor case, belt ends (could have elastic or fabric in the back)