The Sewing Place

pfaff embroidery foot

annieeg

pfaff embroidery foot
« on: December 16, 2021, 13:39:56 PM »
I'm researching either the foot 6d or the sensormatic embroidery foot for the Pfaff QE4.2
Does anyone have any experience with either of these and, if so, which would they recommend.
Its basically to be used for a bit of free motion quilting.
Thanks in advance.
Annie

KayK

Re: pfaff embroidery foot
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2021, 11:00:11 AM »
I'm sorry that I know nothing about the Pfaff embroidery feet, but as someone who does an awful lot of free motion embroidery, and one who has learnt an awful lot by their mistakes, I can highly recommend a foot that does not have a spring in it - this often causes the fabric to bounce and errors are made!  The best ones are those that can be height adjusted to just hover above the fabric, or area that is being stitched - sometimes I build up quite thick layers of stitching and it helps to be able to lift the foot higher.

Good luck with your search!
Just see this!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3EuX4GaKdU]Pfaff foot[/url]
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 11:05:26 AM by KayK »
I have learnt by my mistakes: Sewing machines now are Bernina 720, Bernina 1008, Bernina 801 from 1981, Brother overlocker, ancient but works well

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2021, 11:40:38 AM »
Those videos are brilliant @KayK.  I’ve used them a few times for my machines. 

annieeg

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2021, 17:15:44 PM »
@KayK Thanks so much for the link - there's a few demos that are so useful, including bobbin winding etc.
I'll stick with the foot that comes with the machine and experiment with that before I spend yet more money.  The key issue does seem to be to get the pivot height right. :thumb: