The Sewing Place

Sewing machine repair and servicing in Cheshire or Staffordshire

Fabric Lover

Hi, does anyone have any recommendations for sewing machine service and repairs in the Crewe/Stafford/Shrewsbury area?  Your advice would be much appreciated since I’m having difficulty finding one having recently moved here.  :boohoo: :boohoo:
Stitching in Staffordshire with Style! (Well hopefully anyway)

Helen M

Re: Sewing machine repair and servicing in Cheshire or Staffordshire
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 14:18:27 PM »
The only one I can think of is Phil Morton in Macclesfield. I haven't used him myself but phoned last summer regarding a problem that I had with my overlocker (Brother circa 1989). He said he would be able to service it and fit new cutting blades which I had sourced. As it happens I changed them myself (I'd done it previously about 6 years ago) and did a thorough clean at the same time, so didn't take the machine in.

What machine do you have? Janome's UK head office is in Stockport and they do servicing. I've had repairs done by them in the past. Brother also have a place in Oldham I think.

Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 73

Kad

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 15:34:53 PM »
I always take mine to Jaycotts in Chester, not my nearest but very reasonable prices and I get a day out in Chester when dropping off the machine, and a day in Cheshire Oaks or the Zoo when we collect it.  :)
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.

Acorn

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022, 16:17:09 PM »
Ooh - I didn't know Jaycotts did servicing.  I go there several times a year, so it might be possible to work something out when one of my machines next needs servicing.   :thinking:  Thank you @Kad !
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

maliw

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2022, 19:36:13 PM »
The last I heard Jaycotts were only servicing machines that had bee bought from them. That was a few years ago, have they changed their minds? I must say that it seemed a bit short sighted as surely it would entice people in to service more machines.
My 'go to' now would be SMD at Llay.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Tamnymore

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2022, 19:48:18 PM »
If you Google Abis Den you will see that Abi does sewing machine servicing. I think she is in the south part of Stockport. She has a very helpful sewing blog and is on Instagram. I think I will try her next time my machines need a service..... which reminds me....
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde