The Sewing Place

Problem posting a photo!

Surest1tch

Problem posting a photo!
« on: December 20, 2021, 21:33:14 PM »
I tried to post a photo a little while ago in the cafe but when I had a look to see if I'd done it right my post wasn't there. I tried again but got a message saying I'd already posted it. My subscription is paid so I know it can't be anything to do with that. Can anyone shed any light on what if anything I've done wrong or is it something to do with the site. Thank you.

I've tried again 3 more times but I'm still getting the message saying I'd posted it, I'm also getting what could be am error message saying
attachment 0 msg = 265716 and the screen is going totally blank, I've even tried a different browser.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 23:15:52 PM by Surest1tch »

fajita

Re: Problem posting a photo!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 22:34:38 PM »
I’ll have a go, to see if it works for me. But apart from that I can’t help.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

fajita

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021, 22:35:13 PM »
Well, that seemed to work ok.

BrendaP

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 23:32:46 PM »
@Surest1tch  try renaming the photo on your device and then try reloading it - it might fool the TSP servir into thinking that it's a different photo.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Iminei

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2021, 07:06:37 AM »
Ive had a couple of pics disappear onn me but they are ones Ive 'copied image url' from elsewhere on the tinternet and I think are a different thing ie not a jpeg but a ?????

This is a case for @Mr Twingo  !!!!

Or you could send it to me (or Mr T if he agrees) in a pm/email and I could try and post it for you ???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Silver Rose

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2021, 07:32:07 AM »
I don't  know if this is connected but I cannot open the latest post in Sewing Place Pets, the screen goes blank when I click on it.
Still learning

Kad

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2021, 07:34:18 AM »
I don't  know if this is connected but I cannot open the latest post in Sewing Place Pets, the screen goes blank when I click on it.

Me neither  -<
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.

Mr Twingo

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2021, 09:30:34 AM »
Ive had a couple of pics disappear onn me but they are ones Ive 'copied image url' from elsewhere on the tinternet and I think are a different thing ie not a jpeg but a ?????

Or you could send it to me (or Mr T if he agrees) in a pm/email and I could try and post it for you ???

In reverse order, if you send the link to me, I'll see what I can do. A lot of photos are now .webp (or .webm) format, and these may need to be converted to .jpg.

As for the Sewing Place Pets, I'm looking into this. Page 10 is visible, but page 11 is blank.

Surest1tch

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2021, 09:48:30 AM »
This morning I can only see page 1, it doesn't appear to be showing any of the other pages there were.

Silver Rose

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2021, 14:49:04 PM »
Page 1 is still not opening for me  >:)
Still learning

Mr Twingo

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2021, 15:40:38 PM »
IMPORTANT

I've been poking around this problem. From what I can tell, the blank page in the Sewing Place Pets thread is caused by a lack of [server] memory. Currently, I am searching for an error log that will tell me exactly what's going on.

Silver Rose

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2021, 16:10:01 PM »
Thanks @Mr Twingo and good luck with this problem.
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2021, 22:32:28 PM »
Well done @Mr Twingo thank you  :thumb:
Still learning

Mr Twingo

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2021, 23:18:25 PM »
 :VV:
All sorted. Corrupted photo was the culprit.

Normal service has resumed.
:rocking: