The Sewing Place

T shirt

Silver Rose

T shirt
« on: December 21, 2021, 11:33:07 AM »
I cut out the top this morning  from a rather bright butterfly print using french terry .
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
I seem to remember someone had this fabric  and thought the butterfly design  was a bit large.
I've got enough fabric for a pair of shorts.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 11:35:24 AM by Silver Rose »
Still learning

Bumblebuncher

Re: T shirt
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 11:38:20 AM »
@Silver Rose That is really pretty  :D I can't wait to see the end result
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Silver Rose

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 11:44:22 AM »
Thanks @Bumblebuncher , I used the time honoured McCalls 6886 dress pattern for the top, for some  strange reason I hadn't traced off the sleeve pattern piece  and it has almost disintegrated  :S
Still learning

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2021, 12:08:14 PM »
Oh I love it (not) when you have reached that point where you are just desperate to find a bit of paper, any bit of paper, substantial enough to stick a pin through  :laughing:
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

realale

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2021, 13:03:39 PM »
I do like that fabric!! Very pretty.  :thumb:
So many beers, so little time.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2021, 16:32:22 PM »
Really lovely fabric.
Definitely good to have a favourite t shirt pattern to turn to.
I like New Look 6735. I bought a second copy of the pattern as it was getting a bit sad!

Silver Rose

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2021, 16:41:20 PM »
Thanks for the tip @SewRuthieSews  I like the way the t shirt is shaped on your pattern, something  for my shopping list.
Still learning

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2021, 17:48:32 PM »
The neckline on New Look 6735 is quite wide and open at the front which works well for me, but isn't to everyone's taste.
I have had some fabrics which stretched out when I pressed the neckline and were not great.

Vezelay

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2021, 18:55:55 PM »
Gorgeous colours in that fabric @Silver Rose, and one of my all time favourite patterns, so versatile. Which neckline will you do? For anyone looking for this pattern, for some reason it's been reissued as 8058.

Silver Rose

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2021, 13:25:25 PM »
@Vezelay I am going to do the highest neckline, not so keen on v necks, it is a bright and summery fabric. Thanks for the info about the pattern  number :thumb:
Still learning

SunnyWave

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2022, 01:38:15 AM »
Wow, beautiful fabric, nice choice! ♥️ Would be perfect for a t-shirt or a dress.

Silver Rose

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2022, 14:33:00 PM »
I finished this a couple of weeks ago and forgot to post, no chance to get a photo taken being worn and too cold at the moment for modelling at the moment. I also made another one in blue and green jersey and used the twin needle for the first time with success except for the long time it took me to thread the needles manually.
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2022, 15:50:24 PM »
I forgot that Mimi my mannequin doesn't  feel the cold so here are the rwo tops
« Last Edit: January 12, 2022, 15:51:59 PM by Silver Rose »
Still learning

Silver Rose

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2022, 15:58:54 PM »
Here is the other one
Still learning

realale

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2022, 16:15:43 PM »
I really like both of those @Silver Rose. That pattern seems very useful and they both look good.  :perfect10:
Lovely fabric for both of them. How much does it take for each one?
So many beers, so little time.