The Sewing Place

T shirt

Lachica

Re: T shirt
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2022, 16:37:56 PM »
I like both of those @Silver Rose . Idéal for spring/summer. Nice neat neckband finish.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Silver Rose

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2022, 16:48:14 PM »
@realale  about 1 and a quarter metres I think, so quick to make when the mojo is flagging a bit and I wanted some patterned tops to go with the cream linen skirt I made before Christmas.
Still learning

Acorn

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2022, 16:55:43 PM »
Both absolutely lovely, and will look great with a cream linen skirt.  Fantastic pattern placement on the second one, too!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Vezelay

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2022, 17:16:27 PM »
Two great makes @Silver Rose - and with that M6886 shaping and neckline you can style them either as smart tops or casual tees depending on your mood. I have some leftover fabric from my postponed wedding guest dress earmarked for this so thanks for the prompt.

@realale can I get one out of less than a metre but obviously it depends on size and length.

@Lachica this pattern doesn't have a neckband, just a fold over and stitch. Some people add a neckband - I did for a scoop neck version I made - but for the high neckline like this it's not necessary. I think this way gives a nice finish - takes less time and fabric too. :)

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2022, 17:22:46 PM »
@Silver Rose those are really lovely.

Thank you so much for taking the time to take and share photos with us, I really appreciate it.

Lachica

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2022, 17:23:44 PM »
That's good to know @Vezelay . Do you use a coverstitch?
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2022, 17:35:19 PM »
Very nice! 

Silver Rose

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2022, 18:25:34 PM »
Thanks @Acorn  I was careful not to have  a large  butterfly  in the centre of my bust !
Still learning

Diane

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2022, 18:31:13 PM »
@Silver Rose I like both of them especially the butterfly one, i wish my mannequin looked that slim  :laughing:
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Silver Rose

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2022, 18:45:46 PM »
Thanks @Diane, Mimi is a bit smaller in the waist than I am now, too many cakes and biscuits over Christmas  :D  but she is fine for my broad shoulders and bust which I have had difficulties with getting a good fit.
Still learning

Vezelay

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2022, 21:33:34 PM »
That's good to know @Vezelay . Do you use a coverstitch?

@Lachica I do now. The pattern actually says to double fold the 5/8" and stitch a narrow hem which is unusual for jersey but mostly works fine for the higher neckline though some reviews complain it lets the lower one roll to the outside. I've not done the scoop neck for ages but the coverstitch might solve that issue.

b15erk

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2022, 21:47:50 PM »
@Silver Rose they are two really lovely tops! Both will be perfect with your linen skirt!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Nevis5

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2022, 10:56:12 AM »
Ooh lovely, @Silver Rose  !  I do like your taste in fabrics  :perfect10:  xx

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2022, 11:15:28 AM »
I agree, both lovely fabrics and you are so neat too!
Making a note (in the note book I do not have) to get neater sewing done this year  :laughing:
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Silver Rose

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2022, 14:07:46 PM »
Thank you @Bumblebuncher and @Nevis5, when i bought  the  blue and green jersey I planned to make a dress but I thought it too gaudy but it works as a top I think.
Still learning