The Sewing Place

Joel & Son flash sale

SkoutSews

Joel & Son flash sale
« on: June 09, 2017, 19:27:39 PM »
If anyone is looking for special fabric for an occasion, or just wanting a browse through some quality stuff, Joel & Son have a flash sale until Monday midnight

https://www.joelandsonfabrics.com/uk/offers/sale?utm_source=Joel+and+Son+Fabrics+Newsletter&utm_campaign=34382395c4-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_06_08&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_a0c658d584-34382395c4-89310521&mc_cid=34382395c4&mc_eid=7ea873e329

There are some beautiful silks and silk georgettes with good reductions, but oh boy, not your average eBay prices!

Ohsewsimple

Re: Joel & Son flash sale
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 20:33:03 PM »
Nooooooooo.  I just had to look.  >:)  Love the metallic cloque.   But I have recently got a pile of samples and I have already pulled out too many of those and need to cull those.   But it's nice to look.  :)

Vegegrow

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 21:14:46 PM »
I don't need any fabric ..I shall not look ...I will not look it ..but I'm only going to look ...I'm not going to buy so I'll just have a look and...?????? :fabric: :fabric: :fabric: :fabric: :fabric: :fabric:

no I didn't buy...   yet
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Gernella

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 10:42:03 AM »
You should not have done this.  I have overspent this month badly  and I cannot afford to splurge more, I need a bit left to see me to the end of the month.  Trouble is I have looked!!!  I'm saying the usual mantra.

You don't really need it.  You don't really need it. You don't really need it. You don't really need it. You don't really need it. :fish: :fish: :fish:
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Sewingsue

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 11:01:34 AM »
Not in the sale, but those linings look lovely.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

SkoutSews

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 21:57:14 PM »
A, couple of years ago I bought fabric for a wedding outfit from Joel and Son, which is why I'm on the mailing list. They deal in quality fabrics. I love to browse! Maybe one day I'll have an excuse to buy again.
In the meantime, I hanker after some silk georgette for a special blouse....or wool boucle for a dress..... or embroidered silk......
 :loveit:

Gernella

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 09:51:37 AM »
A, couple of years ago I bought fabric for a wedding outfit from Joel and Son, which is why I'm on the mailing list. Ted .
 :loveit:

Same here, I had been looking at some jersey for ages hoping it would get reduced but it didn't.  When it came down to 4 meters left I thought I had better buy. Next time I looked they had just an odd meter left, reduced. 
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

rowe1311

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 19:38:55 PM »
They are impressive prices.  The sale items make them look like bargains!! They have some lovely viscose jersey.  Thos who have bought before, can you tell the difference in quality considering they are about 5 times the price of other places.  Is it worth it???

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 20:52:06 PM »
I've been to the shop and the fabric is fabulous.  I could have spent a fortune on the most wonderful wools and silks.  Yes their stuff is real quality.  But their mark up must be fairly high to pay for very high rates etc.

SkoutSews

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 22:43:05 PM »
They are impressive prices.  The sale items make them look like bargains!! They have some lovely viscose jersey.  Thos who have bought before, can you tell the difference in quality considering they are about 5 times the price of other places.  Is it worth it???
The quality is high and the range of fabrics is impressive. Whether or not you think it's worth it is a subjective judgement. For a special occasion garment or an unusual fabric for something special, I would probably say yes, if you live nearby,  go and have a look.
The shop is worth a visit just to see the rolls and rolls of amazing fabrics at stupendous prices stacked around the place.