The Sewing Place

Not much to show for 2021

Vezelay

Not much to show for 2021
« on: December 26, 2021, 20:50:57 PM »
Just done an end of year reckoning and bar a few masks and a couple of alterations I can find only a paltry seven things I've sewn in 2021. :embarrassed:
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

On the plus side they all get regular wear bar the bum bag - I prefer my ancient battered model. But six garments and a small bag really isn't much to show for a year of semi-lockdown! The jeans are another Eleanore/Elle mash up, sweatshirts are Grainline Linden, his (second) zip jacket is from Wardrobe by Me, and mine are both Jalie 2795. So only two original garment patterns here when I have dozens unused in my stash!

Except for the jeans I already posted these, so I'm only trying to embarrass myself into action here. I wonder if I got cracking could I maybe make a vest and a top - well anything really - before this year ends? We shall see...or not. :)

Iminei

Re: Not much to show for 2021
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2021, 21:20:19 PM »
How lovely to see you @Vezelay  and how lucky you are being able to make actual things to WEAR!!!!
Im envious!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

mudcat

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2021, 21:30:43 PM »
I didn't do much either @Vezelay ... I summarized the years makes on my Diary page although I realized I had also started a couple of things that I could easily finish up this year if I really wanted to.

The positive thing is that you're using the things you made.   :thumb:

Gernella

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2021, 16:56:01 PM »
Bah humbug @Vezelay I am envious, of your lovely long legs and also 7 things that are very wearable.  Really love that Jalie jacket, I must have one.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Surest1tch

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2021, 17:12:46 PM »
The items you've achieved are lovely and a lot more than I've managed. All I've done are a few masks and dog toys along with a couple of cat toys for my sons cat.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2021, 17:36:51 PM »
@Vezelay, I can see you like various shades of blue, that should mean everything works well together!

If you are wearing them all then you have done pretty well.

Vezelay

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2021, 18:39:49 PM »
@SewRuthieSews haha yes, I only noticed when I saw the photo collage so I guess blue must be my favourite colour.  I decided to give Kwik Sew 3658 a go in some navy blue fabric - both from stash. It's not a normal construction at all and apparently the shoulders are wide and mine aren't, so we'll have to see how/if it fits.

A new non-Jalie top pattern is always a leap of faith for me. I didn't bother mentioning the Hey June Union St tee I made this summer, too small to wear, long story. Nor the free beanie hat pattern which might just about fit a 5 year old. I did later make one that actually fits me and gets worn - forgot that in the tally.

Vezelay

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2021, 21:32:17 PM »
Top is cut out now, machines threaded, all ready to sew on Wednesday - because tomorrow should be dry enough for a long river walk at Inistioge in Co Kilkenny. After that, depending on outcome, either I'll post it in another thread or it will never be mentioned again!

jen

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2022, 10:05:36 AM »
You’ve got a beautiful colour theme going there, well done finding prints that work so well.

William

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2022, 14:50:35 PM »
Not much to show???

Looks like quite a bit to me, and well made as well!!
...it was a Hobbit hole, and that meant comfort.

CCL

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2022, 20:50:39 PM »
@Vezelay  - Having a few beautifully sewn items such as yours, wow, I think is much nicer and rewarding that a bunch of things dashed off and not quite as satisfyingly gorgeous.  Bravo!
A hodge podge Flickr record of my sewing project albums here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/104062052@N04/albums

Vezelay

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2022, 21:56:01 PM »
You're all very kind

datcat23

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2022, 01:44:59 AM »
There is nothing wrong with having a lean year.  2021 was a lean year for me (compared to previous years) but I am a big believer that we have a finite amount of mental resources, and we have to allocate them wisely.

So last year, I was dealing with some health issues, working from home full time, in permanent anxiety about the plague, had some major family stuff .... it all added up.  And sometimes, like a full fruitbowl, when you add something to one side, something is going to fall out the other.  For me, that was a lot of my sewing.  But, this is not a competition, there are no prizes, nor should we punish ourselves (or allow others to punish us).  Its not a hobby that goes off, you will come back to it when you have more mental space.   :hug:
The barefoot seamstress:  smelling vaguely of lavender and mothballs, and desperately craving chocolate.
2024:  Mending:  2  | Fabric used:  2.5m | Items made:  1  |  Quilts:      |  Fabric destashed:  25m

Sewingsue

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2022, 08:12:59 AM »
  But, this is not a competition, there are no prizes, nor should we punish ourselves (or allow others to punish us).  Its not a hobby that goes off, you will come back to it when you have more mental space.   :hug:
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
 :grouphug:
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

SunnyWave

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2022, 12:19:11 PM »
The garments are beautiful, and the bag is stunning! That's really a great job. I'd find it's a way very productive to create so many things that you keep using on a regular basis. Looks amazing!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 12:22:37 PM by SunnyWave »