The Sewing Place

Christmas sewing

Marniesews

Christmas sewing
« on: January 01, 2022, 02:32:15 AM »
I was never going to get too much done as I'd spent some time making my first proper handbag for a friend's birthday at the end of November. Then my DD waxed so lyrical about it I wanted to make her one as I'd got enough fabric left. On principle I told myself it had to include new learning experiences so I used foam stabiliser in place of the fleece and added a back outer pocket and twin slip pockets inside. She was very surprised...while I was gratifyingly delighted.  :D

An annoying picture though...I held it high up at an odd angle to exclude my shadow (late on as my sewing photos all end up being) and then rotated it. Only just noticed as I uploaded it to Flickr that it looks ridiculously wonky at the bottom...which it really isn't!

The rest include a Dopp kit (a tale of failure and redemption to come) for my DGS which he didn't get...yet. Plus various cases for sunglasses - they're quilted!!! Inside.  8)  A Golden Snitch pouch for my DD, a devoted Harry Potter fan in her mid 40s but the kids in her class seem to appreciate it as does the DGS's girlfriend who got the yellow and purple case with the little H... but at least she's only 16.

Finally a mini pouch with elastic inside to hold bottles of nail polish for the DGD who is definitely not an HP fan. However, she did become a mad cat lady early in lockdown and since starting uni in October she now has facetime calls with dear old Annie.  I swear the cat (in her 20s) is the most sane of the lot of them.

I'm now working on a sling/backpack for the DGD's birthday at the end of this month. It's lined with that cat fabric of course. Hmm, perhaps I've no room to talk either, I'm a bag lady now it seems.  :embarrassed:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 02:36:07 AM by Marniesews »
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Lachica

Re: Christmas sewing
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 07:58:51 AM »
Those are all lovely. Lucky people.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.