The Sewing Place

Wall Hanging 2022 - NO LONGER

Diane

Re: Wall Hanging 2022 - NO LONGER
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2022, 15:35:05 PM »
@Iminei exactly what I was thinking, but I might do something like a picturescape (if that’s a word)
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

realale

« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2022, 17:15:13 PM »
So sorry it didn't work out for you @Diane but now you can do an applique one  :P I like the link @Celia gave but that just set me off thinking how easy it would be to do that without her pattern...... Then you mentioned a picturescape and I imagined a replica of your garden in squares with an appliqued bird in each square and then..... I stopped there because, NO I am not going to do one with an embroidered bird in each bit to hang in my conservatory with green sashing  :S
(Really got my imagination going though  :laughing:)
So many beers, so little time.

Diane

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2022, 17:49:03 PM »
@realale I'm not sorry, if you could have heard the language in my lounge, it was pretty blue  :rolleyes: also it's supposed to be relaxing but it was nothing like doing the hot air balloon cushion and i'd happily do that pattern again. It's funny you should say about doing the garden as that was what i was thinking earlier. I'll be perusing this evening to get some ideas on what i want to do.

Tomorrow i've got a ticket to the sewing/quilt festival in Ardingly West Sussex, I wasn't going to go as i've been so fed up today but i'll see how i feel when i get up in the morning.
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

rubywishes

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2022, 01:27:00 AM »
@Diane :

Bugger! :rant: :hug:

I contacted a pattern designer once about a discrepancy ( I thought)  in her pattern. She was lovely about it, agreed that the sentence in question was a bit vague for newbies, told me she would correct it and then gave me a free pattern of my choice from her patterns!  :thumb: Sorry you had such a bad experience.

LOL, once I threw such a tantrum over a quilt I was working on, my  language was so terribly blue (would've made a biker blush) that I was obligated to visit the next door neighbour to apologise as my window was wide open and facing one of hers! Oops :embarrassed:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 01:29:13 AM by rubywishes »
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Bjay

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2022, 11:59:17 AM »
Just caught up.
Sorry to hear this but I'm sure whatever you eventually decide on it will be great

Perhaps take a couple of days off - visit a quilt show, buy lots of wonderful fabrics, and useful sewing bits and pieces and look for ideas
Enjoy the show
Trying to find my way on the Dark side