Renegade Sewist

Re: Small but Useful - January 1 - 31
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2022, 12:08:21 PM »
Two words: pin cushion.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2022, 12:09:38 PM »
@realale  That's why I am planning one too.  (Also one for the 'extra' needles that don't fit into the proper zip case.  I keep them because you often need a spare needle of the working size when you leave sleeves etc while you work on another part of the knitting.)
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Diane

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2022, 12:16:12 PM »
Look what you've done @SewRuthieSews  :laughing: you have managed to put a bit of a spark in us lot that have lost our sewjo's

:sew:      :thread:     :vintage:     :devil:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 12:25:24 PM by Diane »
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Sewingsue

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2022, 16:57:44 PM »
Two words: pin cushion.
Oh, of course and, thanks to @Elnnina, I have the tuffet pin cushion kit from Lady Sew and Sew.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Elnnina

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2022, 17:11:08 PM »
So glad that you like the little Tuffet Sewingsue - enjoy making this up it is rather sweet.  Perhaps one day I will get one for myself, although I have various pin cushions I mainly use  the Clover wrist pin cushion - that is an excellent one and sometimes when I am working on my dress stand, I have this Clover one on its bracelet and snap it closed and it sits on the wooden top of the stand.  The one I gave my sister she made up once she got home and when she arrived home there was a new sewing machine waiting for her to collect - so the first item she sewed on this new machine was the tuffet.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2022, 20:10:45 PM »
I have a 'kit' (printed panel) for an apron which I bought on holiday so that might be a good place to start.

Esme866

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2022, 06:13:54 AM »
@Renegade Sewist You just made me realize that though I RARELY leave the table without evidence of my meal on my shirt, it is even rarer for me to soil my shirt while eating on the sofa. I guess it's just paranoia from not wanting to get anything on the sofa - and several decades of having my tv as my main dining companion. :rolleyes:

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2022, 06:39:24 AM »
@Esme866  lucky you! I tend to eat soups, stews, chili or these incredible street tacos from a little hole in the wall place. All drippy potentially sloppy foods. Inherently sloppy. It's a curse.

Maybe I'll need to follow my suggestion and make a bit. Oh. Wait. Perhaps that's why I often wear a chefs apron while I dine. Maybe a new non stained apron?   :thumb:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Celia

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2022, 11:23:41 AM »
I need some new oven gloves so maybe :thinking: :thinking:  I made 2 shopping bags to give presents away in and now realise I need another 1 or 2 so that’s a couple of ideas that are not too big

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2022, 15:36:18 PM »
I have been pondering a tea cosy for over a year.  I don't drink tea at all but did buy a tea pot to  make a root ginger drink  I consume regularly.  This would appear to be the nudge I need to get on with it.  Unicorn tea cosy anyone? :laughing:
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Esme866

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2022, 19:00:00 PM »
@Bumblebuncher ....wait a minute.....

WHAT?!?  NO TEA ?!? :faints:

You're allowed to remain in the country?

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2022, 19:56:21 PM »
@Esme866  Weird fact... OH, both DD's and SonIL don't drink it either  :laughing:
Most of the family think us five are weird  :[
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

b15erk

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2022, 10:47:46 AM »
I really fancy doing a small project, but what?

Will have to ponder...

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Diane

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2022, 15:47:46 PM »
Entry No:1
Knitting Needle Case
Made from three fat quarters, two of which have been sandwiched together and quilted then the needle pocket added. 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 15:49:23 PM by Diane »
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Celia

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2022, 15:52:02 PM »
Ok I have cut out the oven gloves but can someone remind me why I thought this was a good idea.  Firstly 4 layers of outside fabric, four layers of lining, 4 layers of insulbright all cut ….

Then I discovered I needed  I need cotton wadding, can I find it no eventually found some thickish cotton flannel do you think this will be ok?  I have given up for this afternoon as I am worn out running round the house  and climbing into top cupboards to try to find what i need, I really don’t want to buy wadding just to do these oven gloves, the only other thing I have is cotton interlining.