The Sewing Place

Any ideas?

Renegade Sewist

Re: Any ideas?
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2022, 12:15:13 PM »
I’ve made frogs before.  They’re,  mmmm, interesting to do!   :)

@Ohsewsimple shhh, I told @Iminei they're easy.  :ninja:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2022, 14:33:33 PM »
@Ohsewsimple shhh, I told @Iminei they're easy.  :ninja:

:laughing:   Oops!  Easier than Chinese knot buttons!   

sewmuchmore

« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2022, 16:46:48 PM »
Oooohhh Those are Frogs On Acid!!!!

And they look large ... How big are they @sewmuchmore  ???

And, sorry to be pedantic, are they BLACK ... not grey?

Its for a jacket that is Christmas Red with Deep Black Fur trim

ALBUM

@Iminei yes they are black and when closed measure 9 inch from tip to tip
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Iminei

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2022, 16:37:52 PM »
Well lookee at what dropped through my letterbox this morning ....

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

@sewmuchmore  ... Thank you sooooo much ... they are gorgeous, but do you think they are black enough?
Do you think they might take some dye? or a magic marker ?

I will have to look up how to attach them too!

But YAY ... My jacket can be worn again (if I havent put too much weight on over the past year)

The lovely @Puzzler  very kindly replaced the lining for me on not only this but my long Charlotte Halton coat too as both were in shreds ... now both can live again ... tho' I have worn this jacket without a fastening earlier this year !
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 16:39:37 PM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

sewmuchmore

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2022, 16:53:33 PM »
Well i would have said they were very black when i sent them but now they are against the fur they do look a bit washed out, unless it is just the way they have photo'd. Not sure about a dye as they are probably poly. I stabbed stitched mine all around the outer edge and down the middle.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Acorn

« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2022, 17:11:11 PM »
I think it looks just lovely as it is - it certainly doesn't make you think it should be black, it looks very 'right'.  However, if you do want it to be blacker, isn't there someone on here who knows a lot about dyeing?   :thinking:  Can't think who, though...
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Iminei

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2022, 17:30:25 PM »
Please dont think Im looking a gift horse in the proverbial or being pernickety ... they are perfect ...

maybe just in need of a go over with a magic marker ... but how would that do when coming into contact with rain ??? errrmm ... Let me peruse a lil ... I do absolutely love them ... and they are soooo right, style wise!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2022, 20:01:58 PM »
@Iminei , use a broad tipped Sharpie. Those are permanent. They are extremely useful for touching up edges on machine embroidery too.

I like them just how they are. Although they appear a bit lighter they don't clash.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Lilian

« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2022, 21:50:23 PM »
@Iminei you could always dust the collar and cuffs with talcum powder :ninja:
Willing but not always able :)

realale

« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2022, 22:19:29 PM »
I like them just as they are. I don't think they draw the eye so much as a darker black would but it is how you feel about it that matters.  :)
So many beers, so little time.

BrendaP

« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2022, 09:33:12 AM »

maybe just in need of a go over with a magic marker ... but how would that do when coming into contact with rain ??? errrmm ... Let me peruse a lil ... I do absolutely love them ... and they are soooo right, style wise!

Alcohol based magic markers - anything described as waterproof - would be fine in contact with rain.  Just make a mark on a bit of scrap fabric, hold that under the tap and you will soon know if it's permanent or not.

That frog looks lovely on that jacket.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Lowena

« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2022, 13:08:44 PM »
I'm reviving this thread as there doesn't seem to be a great deal going on in TDS Even questions asked by @LeilaMay , and @Starryfish got few responses.
Come on girls....My shoulders are aching trying to carry TDS on my own......where are the stalwarts @Iminei @BrendaP  @Pearl  and others.......??
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Ploshkin

« Reply #57 on: January 23, 2022, 13:42:16 PM »
I'm doing my bit @Lowena I've got a quilt on the go and have had good advice from a number of people re borders.
I've gone a bit quiet the past week because I've not had an opportunity to get on with it or any other sewing stuff.
Life's too short for ironing.

Lowena

« Reply #58 on: January 23, 2022, 13:48:51 PM »
Looking forward to seeing it @Ploshkin  will you get to finish it before landing starts?
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Acorn

« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2022, 14:19:27 PM »
As I said in my diary, I have a quilt simmering, but I'm still trying out blocks in my image editor...  :thinking:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.