The Sewing Place

Craving an embroidery machine

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: Craving an embroidery machine
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2022, 09:56:10 AM »
@Bill I have to say, I was wondering where and what designs you'd seen that cost £80 :o  :faints:

I think the most I've paid was around £15, but that was for a round handbag design, so embroidery for two sides and for the gusset, and the bag shape itself.

Bill

« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2022, 10:46:04 AM »
It's OK don't panic I know where I went wrong. The £80+ was for packs of designs, not a single design. Oops. Sowwy.  :\  :)
Bernina 570QE (Bernie)     1937 Singer 201k (sally)
The best advice I can give you, is don't take advice from me
Don't follow me, I do stupid things

Celia

« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2022, 11:33:30 AM »
Actually @Bill you aren’t so wrong years ago when it was difficult to buy individual designs and even before that when you had to buy cards to put in your machine they were often £50 + yes it was a collection but often you might only want 1.
  I am sure there are a few of us on here that well remember that.

My first machine was Janome 8000 followed by a long succession of Brother, Bernina, more Janome then Husqvarna not necessarily in that order. The various systems where on the whole not interchangeable, I still have some remnants of older machines.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2022, 11:46:50 AM »
My most expensive one was $42 something/£31 something in the 4"x4" size. I bought it after I did one embroidery off the machine.  :thumb: It is a collection of collage designs, 23 in total, and was actually about half price. Urban Threads. They have a lot of my money.

Both Urban Threads and their sister site Embroidery Library offer a couple of free designs each month available in all the sizes. For anyone considering a machine or a larger format  you can download all of them and tuck them in a folder for "just in case". Em Library also does a Christmas club with some gorgeous designs each year, all free to members. Free to join too.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Acorn

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2022, 12:01:56 PM »
Embroidery Library currently has 70% off all collections (this is off the full price, and a lot of them usually have an 'everyday discount', so they effectively don't get the full 70% discount).

One of the packs on my wishlist there has a 'full price' (ie one that never actually gets charged) of $129.17  :faints: although it does contain 19 designs.  It's currently $38.75, and I'm not sure what it costs with the 'everyday saving'.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2022, 13:13:58 PM »
Anyone seen this site?   It’s been around for years and the digitising is great.  But they have some pricey designs.  Although looking through now I don’t think they’re as expensive as they used to be. 
https://www.zundtdesign.com/

Yes @Celia it used  to annoy me to have buy cards when I only wanted a couple of designs.  I guess that’s why many people turned to digitising.  But I don’t feel it’s necessary nowadays. 

Mr Twingo

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2022, 14:33:43 PM »
It's because I'm male isn't it? Honestly, the sexism here is intolerable. I feel so victimised.
I'm telling @Mr Twingo on all of you. It's a conspiracy I tell you.
Shocking. Just shocking.

I'm with the ladies. They may be the fairer sex, but they are also the superior one.  :P

Bill

« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2022, 15:48:17 PM »
I'm with the ladies. They may be the fairer sex, but they are also the superior one.  :P

Traitor!  :P

Diane

« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2022, 16:16:03 PM »
You are funny and do make me laugh @Bill  :laughing:
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Bill

« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2022, 17:17:00 PM »

sewmuchmore

« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2022, 09:28:38 AM »
@annieeg will you use the Pfaff Creative as a duel machine or will you just use it in embroidery mode? If you use it as a duel machine your QE will become redundant and the price for the Creative seems reasonable. If you intend only to use the embroidery unit and keep your QE then it is quite an expensive buy. You can get Brother embroidery only machine for less than £1000 and you will still have your QE
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

annieeg

« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2022, 09:38:19 AM »
@sewmuchmore
Thanks for your feedback :)
I fully intend to use the  1.5 creative ad a duel machine.
I hope to sell the QE4.2 and a babylock eclipse overlocker and put the funds towards the cost of the new Pfaff.

annieeg

« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2022, 12:06:15 PM »
Hi,
Does anyone know the price of a NEW Janome MC 350e.  I've looked and looked but can't find that information. 
TIA

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2022, 12:36:52 PM »
These are fairly old machines @annieeg.  Where have you seen one?

Lachica

« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2022, 12:40:52 PM »
I think the 350e was superseded by the 500e so you won't find one new. I sold mine about 2014 I think, after I bought the Pfaff creative. At that time it was still current (just) and the 500e had been launched.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.