The Sewing Place

Sewing room flooring

Sewbee

Re: Sewing room flooring
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2017, 20:43:44 PM »
collects dust bunnies
As the housekeeper of two dogs I find that to be a good thing. You wait till they all gather in the corner, then pick them up and put them in the bin. You only have to clean the corner and not the whole floor!  ;)

I have mostly laminate flooring with two dogs and a cat. I get dust bunnies - or rather floating clumps of fur - so I vacuum with my Miele twice a week. The good/bad thing about a hard floor is that you can see it as soon as there is something on the floor instead of it getting buried in carpet.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2017, 20:53:33 PM »
I soon have to decide on sewing room flooring, now we (or rather, I) have decided the "office" in the new extension will actually be my sewing room - I'm a carpet lover, I get such cold feet on bare floors!  I think I'll be looking for something with a hard dense pile.

LeilaMay

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2017, 15:56:26 PM »
Iminei asked me to post a picture of my workroom floor in the new house - not because it's hugely hardwearing or will really add anything to this conversation, but because she thought it a funky idea I think LOL
We pulled up the skanky carpet, covered the floor in hardboard sheets - my OH did that bit. And then I crawled a round for several days piecing vintage OS maps, with Glastonbury in the middle of the room, so I would get a real feel and understanding of where I live now. Once the glue was thoroughly dry I varnished it with floor varnish several times.

It wasn't perfect, and because we 'thought' we were having several different houses before this sale finally went ahead the maps I had didn't go to the edges in all directions - but I like it  :)