The Sewing Place

Pfaff part lost!

Gernella

Re: Pfaff part lost!
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2022, 15:46:44 PM »
:scream:

I'll second that @Iminei @Celia .  I took the plate off my Husqvarna Mega Quilter after I bought it (had been making fabric handbags) and it was an absolute wedge of what's above.  Makes you wonder what's down below hidden.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Celia

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2022, 17:16:24 PM »
@Gernella you are in luck the mega quilter is actually quite an easy one to clean it has a completely different base but you do need to watch fluff in the feed dogs.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2022, 17:30:37 PM »
@annieeg I do know the screw is tiny, i had to tighten mine yesterday as i noticed it was very loose. You could try this firm. I have used him a couple of times for small obscure parts, just contact him with your photos and made/model of machine and he will do all he can to get you what you need. An alternative is the Pfaff Service Centre in Leeds 01132457688, he doesn't have a website but there was an article here about Mark. This is were my Pfaff goes for service.

@annieeg just another thought, the screw will be magnetic have you tried putting a very thin screw driver through one of the gaps in the bobbin race to see if you can pick it up. she speaks from experience!!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 19:11:06 PM by sewmuchmore »
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Sewbusy

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2022, 09:12:50 AM »
How about getting something flexible such as a pipe cleaner and supergluing a micro magnet to it?

annieeg

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2022, 12:08:33 PM »
Some progress to report ... I got in touch with Hobkirks and they can order the screw (80p + 4.50 postage), but it will take a couple of weeks.
When talking to Stuart @ HObkirks in their technical dept he mentioned that I could still use the machine, if I removed the main Fetcher piece and the little knife.  The cutter won't work but it didn't anyway!
I thought I couldn't use the machine until the Fetcher was screwed back so his information was priceless to me.
Am now sewing happily making up a Blue Dot Dover Jacket and I will NEVER, EVER undo a screw on the machine ever, ever again :dance: :dance:

Celia

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2022, 12:17:53 PM »
Well done Hobkirks are very good with information, they saved me a lot of money on feet and special needles when I had a Janome 1600.

I am sorry I didn’t think to tell you you could still use the machine, I actually know of a machine that has had that bit permanently removed as it had a fault and the owner didn’t want to pay for an expensive repair on what was quite an old and not well looked after machine.

Acorn

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2022, 12:46:55 PM »
@Celia I've been trying to remember which sewing machine company it is that is particularly good when it comes to accessories for the Megaquilter.  I know there is one that actually knows that it is the same as the Janome 1600P and whichever Juki it is.  (One firm reacted to my question asking whether a certain Janome accessory was suitable for the Megaquilter with absolute horror, lecturing me about never, ever using one brand's accessories on another brand's machines  :rolleyes: )

Anyway, your post makes me think it might be Hobkirks!  Thank you! 
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Acorn

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2022, 12:52:35 PM »
... although looking at the Hobkirk's website, there is no mention of the Megaquilter, and the site I'm remembering definitely referred to it specifically, so I think it must have been another one.

Acorn

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2022, 13:03:33 PM »
 :laughing:  Googling to try and find the site led me to a thread on here, started by me, which suggests it was Frank Nutt and Sewing Machine Sales.   :thumb:

Celia

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2022, 13:25:31 PM »
@Acorn Hopkirks used to be a Husqvarna dealer but they dropped the brand quite recently, I think that is why the website no longer has these details, it was on there at one time.

Frank Nutt is a great dealer but I don’t think he has the industrial machines that Hopkirks have and a lot of the feet for the industrial will fit the mega quilter and of course the Janome 1600. 

sewmuchmore

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2022, 17:00:32 PM »
@annieeg if you are using the machine without the blade etc then don't forget to untick the thread cutter function.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

annieeg

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2022, 17:09:51 PM »
@annieeg if you are using the machine without the blade etc then don't forget to untick the thread cutter function.
Didn't know how to do that - I'll google it ...
A

coffeeandcake

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2022, 19:26:17 PM »
@annieeg press F2 and a window with the tie-off and snips should come up on the screen. If a box is unshaded that means the function is not activated. To activate/de-activate these function s just press the OK button