The Sewing Place

My makes so far 2022

sewmuchmore

My makes so far 2022
« on: January 10, 2022, 17:38:38 PM »
I am going to try and keep up with showing you my makes this year.
I have made 2 dresses and 2 gillets so far, all the fabric/zips have come from my stash. The gillets are a simple self drafted pattern that only takes 3/4 metre of fabric and lining.
The Elephant dress is B6241, which i have now made 4 times, each time taking up the excess fabric of the pockets. Not bad going considering i had this pattern up for sale and in the charity bag before i decided to have a go. I wasn't sure all that drapey fabric was me, but really love this pattern now. The fabric is a bubble crepe jersey that came from a destasher on eBay, a bargain at £5.
The red/navy dress is Dhurata Davies Maxine dress, i did have to redo this as it originally came out way to big. The fabric is Mind the maker jacquard jersey and at £18 a metre the most expensive fabric i have every bought. But you can certainly feel the quality and it sewed up a dream.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Vezelay

Re: My makes so far 2022
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 18:45:14 PM »
But it's only the 10th! Four garments in ten days, and you lined your gilets which is something I promise to tackle one day (hopefully soon). I see you've taught both sewing classes and pattern design so maybe that explains your prolific skilled output :). And my most expensive fabric was £22 a metre liberty cotton jersey which like yours was worth every cent. It's great to see others' makes on here - do keep posting them.

Tamnymore

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 21:32:17 PM »
Wow these are great @sewmuchmore And you are so prolific!

I think I may have B6241 somewhere but I've never made it up..Must have a look for it. I see it gets a lot of positive reviews.on pattern review - always a good sign.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 21:36:47 PM by Tamnymore »
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Lilian

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2022, 21:48:06 PM »
great work @sewmuchmore they are all lovely.  I wan to make a gilet or two as I wear them a lot in the colder months.
Willing but not always able :)

sewmuchmore

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2022, 09:14:16 AM »
Half way through the Newcastle cardy for He Who Must Be Disobeyed. He saw the teal and black boucle wool on my table (was supposed to be a dress) and asked if it was for the cardy i have been promising him, how could i refuse  :[

Janet

SunnyWave

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2022, 09:20:02 AM »
Looks beautiful!
Is it really all done this year? Fantastic, it's just a few days

sewmuchmore

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2022, 17:33:21 PM »
Looks beautiful!
Is it really all done this year? Fantastic, it's just a few days

Janet

Ouryve

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2022, 22:39:19 PM »
Crikey! All the action my machine has seen this year is re-hemming a couple of manky roller blinds!
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"