The Sewing Place

Clothing and wardrobe organisation/sorting out

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: Clothing and wardrobe organisation/sorting out
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2022, 11:26:37 AM »
I live in jeans and shorts, I don't own a skirt or dress and don't feel the need to 0_0 
Oh, no, tell a lie, I have the dress I made for my son's wedding 3 years ago, obviously never it worn since.

BrendaP

« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2022, 10:29:48 AM »
It's mostly trousers or leggings with a top in winter and dresses in summer for me.  When the weather is very warm just looking at someone wearing full length trousers makes me feel hot.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2022, 12:14:50 PM »
I'm wearing a dress with leggings today, popped on my knee high flat boots and went for a walk, really liking the combination.
So maybe more knit dresses in the future!

jen

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2022, 12:15:55 PM »
I need a wardrobe cull, same reasons as @realale. I’ve been putting this off for ages. As for using nice clothes at home, I would need a couple of those dinner lady overalls and a boiler suit. In fact an honest appraisal of lifestyle would prioritise cover ups.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2022, 18:10:46 PM »
I've been trying to wear things off the rail, and if they are keepers, wash and hang back up in the wardrobe.
A few things didn't make it past try on and got donated.
Its a good job the rail can stay up for a while as its a slow process.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2022, 18:21:34 PM »
The rail only a third full so I've taken it out to the garage today, I was a bit worried it was going to become a fixture, so glad to get it moved.
I've shoved the "to be reviewed" items in the wardrobe, but all in the same bit so I can still pick from there.

I donated all 3 pairs of my RTW jeans once I had sewn myself a comfortable pair of Jeans (Mountain View Pull On), so am really pleased about that. Better one pair I can wear all day, than 3 I can hardly bear for a couple of hours!